46

It's been a week since asumas funeral. Kakashi wasn't himself . Kurenai stays inside. Gai has been non stop crying out in public . It's just need a sad time. His students have been an emotional wreck. The life of a Shinobi... they all end this way. I looked into the room where kakashi had been laying down watching the ceiling. I make my way over to him sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Are you ok" I finally asked. I haven't asked him that at all because I knew the truth.

"Yeah." He said softly.

" you don't have to lie kakashi. You can act tough in front of the children but no ones here besides me."

"I said I'm fine." The tone of his voice was angry. But I understood this feeling all too well.

"Ok.your fine." I smiled hoping to Cheer him up. " what do you say we go to the book store and get you jiraiyas latest release?"

" I want to be left alone." He snapped. I understand mourning but I couldn't tolerate disrespect!

" just trying to cheer you up. Your upset and haven't showered, you smell, and you hardly eaten in a week. Let me take care of you kakashi. Run you a bath and give you massage ?" I looked at him yet he gave no answer "cook you dinner, allow me to be a good girlfriend or something."

" your not my girlfriend," daggers in my fucking heart,

"Excuse me" I scoffed in disbelief

"We are seeing where this can go. We never officially became a couple."

" I'm almost positive we did "

"Nope, you've done girlfriend things but-"

" I get your sad , I really do, but how dare you knock me down and shit on me in order to boost your ego because your hurt."

He let out a long sigh "(y/n)" he groaned

"Shut up ! I'm not done ! " raising my voice clearly got his attention. Now sitting up to face me. I was done I just didn't want him interrupting me. " are we together or not " I asked  he looked at me long and hard.

"No, but I see pot-"

"Very well" I huffed , " now that I know where I stand and belong to no one I can do as I please and whom I please . "

"Your overreacting babe"

"Y/N) !!!" I shouted my name . How dare he call me babe right now .

" can you just sit down and let me explain "

" what's there to explain. We're fuck buddies but not committed . Unless you've only been sleeping with me"

He gave me a sad guilty face.i bit my bottom lip until I tasted blood. "Let me guess. Anko."

Still no response . "Well since you aren't up for anything right now I'm gonna get going."

"Where are you going to go."

" my house kakashi. I have one of those still."

"And do what? Why don't we just plan a dinner and talk this over."

"Oh no " I laughed. " now that I know the extent to our relationship, I have plans now."

"With who . You literally just made that up."

" it's not that hard to find another fuck. I would do you but you wanted to be left alone remember ? Maybe you should call ANKO! Enjoy a lifeless body while you do all the work." I laced up my shoes and slammed the door behind me.

Ggrrr !!!

Stomping. My way home I grabbed some groceries right down the street from my house.

Food was almost done at this point and I was dressed in my best laced lingerie , black..

Nervously I checked myself in the mirror and covered up with a silk robe with the uchiha symbol printed in the back. I set the table up and added some finished touches. Looking over at the time it said 11 pm.. I hope it's not too late , I thought... I rushed to my window and took a deep breathe ..

"Here goes nothing " I whispered... then I opened the window..

An hour passes by........ then two.. now swallowed by my own depression I started to gather up the food to put away.

" am I late "

Why do I love you so much....

"Just in time , Itachi"

" is all of this for me ? " he asked

"Mhmm. "

"What's the occasion, our anniversary isn't until two months from now." He looked at me concerned knowing I wasn't being myself,

" I .... miss .... I never was alone ." I looked back up to him with tears filling my eyes. " I don't know how to date .. be single... move on properly. I just ... I miss feeling loved "

Itachi walks over to me and holds me " I'm not going to be around forever baby. You have to move on at some point. So it won't hurt as much when I die"

"I hate when you talk like that" I sobbed

"I know, this is all on me"