58

"Kakashi can you just wait. I'm out of breathe.."i complained as he trained me to get back in shape. It's been some time since the incident and my wounds healed.

"Ok" he said sitting down on the grass. I sat beside him. Kakashi has been acting strange for a few days now. "Can I ask you something ?"

"Of course " I replied.

"Do you still love Itachi?"

My heart raced at the sudden question.

"Honestly. I do . Apart of me always will."

He looked at me sad but I refused to comfort him with lies.

"Why" he asked curiously

"The itachi the world knows is the man fallen victim to power . The itachi I knew. That you trained when he was a child.. he was the complete opposite ."

"How much does he still mean to you?"

"He still means a lot. Listen. I don't know where this coming from but I'm with you. And you should know I care about you and love you as well. Your my current and future . " I tried making him feel better but that didn't work.

"Y/n" he said

"Kakashi Enough . Seriously. His name brings more than just old feelings. It brings pain and heartache. I rather not discuss him"

"You don't understand " he continued

"What is there to understand?"

"the other day.... sasuke battled itachi."

"Wouldn't have been the first time ," I added.

"Sasuke... finally received his revenge"

I dropped the cup of water I had in my hand. My heart sunk. My stomach turned. My eyes burned with tears.. please god no,

"W-what are you saying?" My voice cracked and tears rushed down my cheek.

"Itachi died during his battle with sasuke a few days ago."

My heart shattered into a millions pieces, I broke the eye contact I had with kakashi and faced the floor trying to process what I just heard .

My soft cries slowly became louder and unbearable.

"Come on stand up" he said softly .

I yanked my arm away from his hand, "get off me !"

"Calm down y/n,"

"You've known for days ! And you're telling me now?" I shouted

"We thought it be best if -"

"We?" My soft broken voice asked completely crushed. "Am I the last to know?"

"Y/n''

" why am I the last person to know that itachi is dead when I'm the only person who cared for him ! I could've stopped it ! I could've stopped it ..... I could've stopped it"

 I could've stopped it"