11

My eyes flickered as they adjusted to the  light,  my brain felt as though it were  pounding against my skull.

"Where am I " My voice was hoarse and the words scratched their way out . 

 I was comfortably laying in a bed . Exhausted  and tired . Once my eyes adjusted I looked around the room ...

A hospital.... I'm alive ? I didn't think I was going to make it honestly.

I tried swallowing some spit to lubricate my dry throat. But that wasn't much help . I was so thirsty. To exhausted to move so  I laid there. Almost wishing i didn't make it in all honesty.

A nurse came in to check on me finally.

" oh !" She shouted shocked. "Get the hokage ! The girl is up !" She shouted to nearby nurses. " the Hokage has made it clear that she's notified the second we see your awake. "

I said nothing. I just looked at her. Fighting my heavy eyes.

"Can I get you something ?" She asked politely

"W—water ." I whispered .  The lady ran off to fetch my water.

I wonder if Itachi gotten my note already. I wonder what he felt.. If he felt anything at all. Did he get a taste of what he's done to me ? Or am i kidding myself ? but I hope he stays away from me this time. For good. I need to move on in my life.  Move on from him. Finally.

Interrupting my thoughts lady Hokage walks in with a glass of water and a straw for me.

"Miss (Y/N). I'm glad to see your awake. " she said bringing the cup toward me. I tried grabbing it but I noticed both my hands in a cast . They couldn't be broken. I used my hands to knock on the gate ... right ? I tried sitting up and screamed in pain.

"Gaaaahhhh !" I winced bringing my arms to my stomach area.

"Careful. You've took quite the beating . 3 broken ribs , a fractured wrist and some very bad burns . You're going to be here for a while . " Tsunade said looking at my chart 

"How long have I been out " I managed to ask after I took a nice long sip of the cold water she brought near my face enough to reach the straw.

"Almost a week. " she responded

" oh " I drew my head back to the pillow . a week huh?

"you've had a few people come by to visit you . though we couldn't send anyone through " she said with a smile . 

"Who the hell other than Yugao would visit me ?" I laughed .

"Yugao has no idea your in here . This is all top secret (Y/n) . No one can know other than the people there that night . "

"I understand . " I truly did . people would question why we were after a rogue ninja .. why we were trying to bring him back to the village . So many questions would come from it. Too many people would question Tsunade as the Hokage . 

"Team 7 have been bringing you  flowers and get well cards ." Tsunade pointed to my left where a few variety of flowers sat and cards stacked . 

" I thought no one came through ." i questioned curiously. 

Tsunade sighed . " Kakashi has been coming through the window and dropping them off . I told him to stop but here they are. "

"why would he do that " I started to feel my heart fluster . 

" Because of naruto and sakura . He was a cold ninja at one point. Like Itachi . Long story short , he was assigned naruto sakura and saskue . Somehow , they reached a soft spot in him . Took us all by surprise really . He never passed a team . " 

" I see " those kids.. I need to stay away from them before they butter me up as well . Saskue already has that advantage . 

"Now .. What Intel to do you have . " Tsunade's caring tone changed quickly to one that's more serious . Finally.. some business. 

"Everything was going fine . we set up camp . and during the night Itachi and Kisame , a rougue ninja from the hidden mist , attacked both kakashi and I . The only way to protect the children and the mission was to allow myself to get caught . They knocked me out and took me to a temporary hide out where they had me isolated. I didn't see much of anyone . But i did over hear some conversations . They're seeking the jinchuuriki to extract the tailed best from him . I don't know why . But they're also in search of the others . If they have any yet i don't know . "

Tsunade held her chin thinking to herself " This could be bad. and we have no idea what they plan to do . "

"It gets worse " I continued  " We've under estimated them and what their capable of . Some have identities still unknown to each other . Hidden abilities . But their leader is the most dangerous . He posses the Rinnegan "

Tsunades eyes opened wide "the Rinnegan ?" 

"Mhm . I've seen it with my own eyes . We have to take a different approach when going on akatsuki leads . We don't want to risk being careless anymore . Especially if we run into him . "

"How did you escape ?" she asked 

"A member opened the door to talk to me. I fought automatically . I didn't get tp see what abilities he was capable of doing but his fighting was incredible . Well trained . Once i realized i couldn't beat him . that's when i decided to take him down with me. " 

" So you tried to commit suicide . " 

"I had no other choice . They survived the blast though . I failed my mission .. i apologize ."

Tsunade is usually strict and comes down hard on us when we fail missions but today she looks at me with sympathy . 

"It must have been hard for you to face Itachi from the other side of the law after everything that has happened between you . "

I felt a lump in my throat . I cant show her how affected i am by this mission . 

"I knew what i was getting myself into when I joined The anbu . " I said firmly . Tsunade only looked at me unconvinced , She stands up and walks toward the door . 

" As an Uchiha you chose the village over your former lover . I personally thank you for your amazing service and dedication to this village . But I'm removing you from The Anbu, You will be a permanent part of Team 7 and Aide kakashi ." 

"Don't do that . Don't pity me . I want to remain in the forces . I can handle it . " i protested , Anbu was the only thing in kanoha i knew . I don't want to soften like kakashi did . 

" It's final. get better . Then you will join Team 7 "

after the door clicked I sat there in disbelief . I wante to keep my distance from kakashi . I want to keep my distance from saskue's team members . I wanted to keep my distance from anyone who felt feelings in general . I should have a say in all of this . Even from far away Itachi manages to screw up my life even more .