40

I opened the door to my small apartment and lead him to the kitchen. I tied my hair back and started putting my things away

"I'll be one second I'm gonna get into a change of clothes " I smiled at him. I decided that since kakashi was going this far to grab my attention I might as well do the same and play his game. I grabbed a cute tube too and some shorts. Sexy yet simple.

Walking back over to him I tried. It to burst out in laughter. How could he possibly think I wouldn't recognize him. I've seen him without his mask plenty of times . His mole is a dead give away .. but his smile is what really gave it all away.

"So are you hungry ?"

"Would you like me to help? I'm very familiar with cooking. "

"No it's ok. What you can do though is tell me about these other villages you seen.  "

I made small talk as I entertained him and cooked. He devoured my food . Which I knew he would.

"So do you live with anyone ? A boyfriend ? Husband ?" He asked

" no I live alone. "

"Do you have a special someone ? "

I paused at his question. Is kakashi special to me ? Or is it only physical attraction ? I stared at him and started playing with the ruffles on my apron.

"  um. Maybe .. it's complicated "

"What's complicated about that ?"

"He doesn't trust me. One second I'm what he wants and the next minute he's brushing me off like i was never that important. "

"The man must be a fool. " he smiled.

You have no idea.

" he can be " I laughed. " what about you ?"

"It's complicated as well. Her heart belongs to another. "

"What of your feelings for her ?"

"She ignores it mostly." He took a sip of  his tea. " she's beautiful though. Strong . Smart. If I had a mother to bring her home to I would. "

"Sounds like you really care for her "

"I do. She's an amazing person. I tend to be hard on her though but never intentionally. "

"Time to bake the cookies " I smiled at him.

"Can I ask you a question? " he said

"Of course. "

"What made you invite me over without knowing me?"

I placed the cookies In the oven and turned to face him.

I smiled

" I do know you. Kakashi "

His face shocked "how"

"I recognized that smile and mole anywhere. . "

"I guess I don't have to wear this ridiculous wig then"

"Please " I laughed " it's not a good look on you. I have a pair of your clothes in my room from the last time you were here if you wanna get out of the hippy clothing as well. "

He smiled and walked over to get dressed. Coming back he sat on the table. "Complicated huh "

"Yea. "

" I trust you (y/n). I don't trust your judgement though. You remind me so much of my old friend óbito Uchiha . Great person. Too trusting. "

"Kakashi. I like you. Ok. You seem like a player and I'm not ok with that. I don't want to be just another girl in your list of conquests. "