4

I locked myself in my apartment for the following few days . Not like i had friends other than Yugao. I find peace in solitude . I enjoy it . I grabbed some sake and a book to prepare myself for the next few hours . Then a knock came at my door . 

"The hokage would like to speak with you . " The man said . 

"I'll be right over . " I went to my room and got dressed. I was so nervous and scared . Maybe someone saw Meand Itachi kissing that night in the woods , Maybe she thinks i'm betraying the village . Being an Uchiha thats going to look really bad on me. I'm gonna have to fight my way out the hokages office and run away. 

breathe ... breathe.. Your always getting called in there for elite missions... this cant be any different. 

I walk into her office and took a seat . Kakashi naruto and sakura sat there waiting for me . 

"Thank you for joining me on such short notice . " Tsunade said folding her hands .

"Is everything ok ?" i asked .

"What I'm about to ask you isn't going to be easy .. and I understand that ..But we have no one else with your skill who's capable of the job . "

phew . a job  . this is a good . 

"Saskue left the village . "

I closed my eyes in disbelief .. He went rogue .. All this for revenge . stupid ! stupid child ! 

"where do i come in ?" i asked . 

"Team 7 Are going to be doing search and rescue missions for saskue . since he is still a child and belongs to the leaf we cant count him as rogue until he's of age. "she said . " so he is still our responsibility"

"It sounds like everything is figured out .. so why am i here ?" i raised my brow at her .. 

"We're putting sai on team 7 to help .. " she continued . giving me a look both kakashi and i knew .. Sai is assigned to do what is necessary .. kill saskue if it came down to it.

"I understand "

She sighed.." we need you to join team 7 as well. "

"no" i answered . " i cant .. Saskue is looking for Itachi. Looking for saskue is putting us in Itachi's path.." My heart raced at what she was asking me to do . " i - i can't face Itachi again . "

"Saskue  posses the sharingan. we dont know what orochimaru would do with him .. we need the extra power . and you possess a strong sharingan .. "

"kakashi has a sharingan too " i protested . 

"I need you there to assist Kakashi. " she stated 

"Isn't that why Sai is on the team ?" i questioned . I refuse to go down without a fight . 

"they wont fight Itachi. they stand no chance and you know this . "

"but kakashi does . "

" you will watch over sai . As you know he doesnt posses proper emotions as you did before you joined the anbu. Kakashi has these two to tend to . I need you to help Sai .. fit in ..  " 

" I wont let anything happen to you " kakashi said firmly . 

 I look  over to the handsome man . "you say that as if you could stop him"

"dont you want to save saskue !" the yellow haired kid shouted . 

"Theres nothing to save saskue from . He's making his choices willingly ." i answered , 

"how could you say that ! You guys are the last of the Uchiha clan ! "

i stared the kid without saying anything. he had no idea the hell he's about to see. 

"what ever ! with or without you im saving my friend . " he huffed . 

"Saskue doesn't have friends, the sooner you realize that ..the easier it will be for you later down the line . 

"If you had a chance to save Itachi.. would you do it . " the boy asked . 

"In a heartbeat... but you cant save someone who doesn't want to be saved . "

and thats the sad truth . 

"Tsunade.. Do you understand the full extent of what your asking of me ?"

" i do . " she said softly. "you start the search tomorrow at 5.. meet at the entrance "

I put my head back down .

"your going to get me killed .." i whispered .