28

I looked up at him with cold eyes. Ready to face death, but instead I saw itachi trembling with tears in his eyes as he squeezed his blade.

"What's stopping you now? You killed your own parents with one swipe. It's as easy as it was before. " I reminded him .

He stood there and continued to weep.

"Itachi. Finish me off " I sighed begging him.

"No" he whispered.

"You bastard !! " I got up throwing my fists to his face landing every hit I threw . " keeping me alive after all of this ! Killing our people ! Destroying Saskue ! Becoming this monster! Leaving me by myself while you play family with another !"

"Run back to kakashi. " he whispered.

" now it's run back to kakashi ? You disappeared for years and pop up from the shadows keeping me away from him. " I scoffed as I backed up giving my now swollen knuckles a break. " I get it. She matters now. "

I felt the rage build inside of me

"She's carrying the child you wanted to so badly. "

My legs fighting for dear life to stand strong.

" you hate me this much itachi ? "

"The child isn't mine. "

"Bullshit ! You came to defend yourself so quickly in that ally ... you know there's a chance it's yours "

"No (y/n). I .... didn't finish.... when we .. " he took a deep breathe. " I didn't finish or even came close. "

I stayed quiet. I didn't know what to say.

" all I kept thinking about was you . " a small smirked formed on the corner of his lips.

"I remembered how your skin felt against mine. Warm. And full of love.. how it felt to be inside of you and still not feel close enough to you... konan was cold. Un inviting...."

" why does that matter ?  Any of it. Any of this ? Why did you seek me out when I searched for Saskue? Why would you walk back into my life pulling me back to you just to be pushed away again."

" you were the only future I've ever had.... " he admitted to me.

"Itachi ... " my voice cracked. " will there be any way to clear your name?"

"No. The hokage can't be seen as someone who assigns genocide to his ninjas.  "

"But he did. "

"For his people. "

"And you are apart of that ! You are his people ! This proves that . "

"No one would ever accept me. Beside. I'm a murderer. "

"Because it was ORDERED ! What If i talk to the hokage -"

" accept what has happened. (Y/n). Accept that I ruined our future together but you and Saskue still have a future to plan. "

"Itachi... Saskue plans on killing you. "

"I plan on dying by his hands. "

" what about me ? "

"You'll move on like you have "

"Move on ? I'm filling this space you left empty. "

"My dear (y/n) " he grabbed my chin. Giving a smile as a tear ran down his cheek  " you've already begun to replace me. You just don't know it yet. "