23

"I was beginning to think you weren't going to show up. " Kakashi said as he relaxed in the hot tub. His head leaning against the rim with his eyes closed.

"I was too ..." I answered truthfully

"Feeling more relaxed?" He peeked at me with one open eye.

"I guess " I stammered.

"What's wrong. " he questioned. Sitting straight up facing me.

" the things you said about me in the restaurant. You meant it. "

"Back to that huh " his calm voice told me he didn't care too much.

"You didn't know I was there kakashi, you truly believe I'm this lonely pathetic thing dying for attention. I'm not. You said loud and clear what you thought of me. So for that we keep things between us professional. " I lied. I would like to be with kakashi, but itachi told me the truth. And in his truth there could still be some type of hope for his crimes to be pardoned and he can be with me again.

I like you kakashi.

But, itachi is my heart and soul. And I refuse to give up on him.

He eyed me suspiciously as if he didn't believe me.

"That look alone is proof. You still don't trust me . Meaning I wasted my time coming here " I got out of the hot tub but kakashi grabbed my arm pulling me back in ,against him .. he wrapped his arms around me and cleared his throat.

"Now what is it your not telling me. " he cooed .

His voice made every hair on my body stand. Chills ran through my spine .

He's a threat to my original plan. So why haven't I pushed him away ?

"Nothing. Now can you let me go. " I looked at him, it's as if he noticed the Lust in my eyes .

He grabbed me by the chin lifting my face to his and pressed his lips against me.

"You can trust me. " he whispered " what aren't you telling me? " his question was more of a demand . His tone was strong .

"I don't know if I'm ready. For this. " I lied. I think.

I don't even know anymore.

"I won't force you into doing anything. If times what you need , then you have it. " he loosened his arms breaking me free from the desire of wanting him.

"Thank you. " I cleared my throat. I should go . "

He nodded with a smile. Saying goodnight and 'be careful ' ..

I dragged my feet as I walked home. My head faced the sky . I felt so empty inside. A tear slid down my face thinking back to itachi's truth.

I walked out to the woods u until I made sure I was far enough.

"HIRUZEN ! " I shouted with everything in me.

"You're such s bastard " I choked. "You ruined my life! I would've been a wife right now... maybe even a mother. ... " i fell to my knees and sobbed

" CAN YOU HEAR ME OLD MAN ?! "

" how dare you take my future away from me. . Starting my own family was all I wanted! Cook dinner. Welcome my husband home with a kiss and a warm plate. Mini itachi's running around. " I hung my head facing the ground. " I'll never know what that's going to be like..."

" (y/n) .... please stop." Itachi said from a nearby tree

"Are you following me ?"

He let out a sigh "Yes. I like to make sure your safe. I've always had. But you need to stop looking for me. We're no longer on the same side. "

"How could you say that ? Everything you've done for the village ? Wen could talk to the hokage-"

"I still did it . Nothing will change. I slaughterd the Uchiha clan. Ordered or not . It happened. I knew the consequences. "

" you were ok with knowing you were going to lose me ? Or does that not bother you at all. " I looked over at him but his face his hidden under a straw hat.

" move on already. We have no future " he said bluntly

"You made sure of that. " I scoffed.

"Hate me. Be angry with me. What ever it takes to make you stop looking for me. " he turned around. " this is goodbye (y/n. "

"My window will be open. Always. " I nervously responded.

He turned around not saying anything but I knew he was confused.

"Visit me .. it'll be open. When ever. ."

I waited for a response but I never got one.

I waited that night with an open window. But he never came.

He never came.

Not the next day . Or the day after. Or even the week after.

Months went by.

And nothing. The only time I've seen his face since that night was in the picture I have frames. Had it not been that for that picture I would've started to forget what he looked like.

A year goes by and I still had hope.

A year and 10 months to be exact. And yet nothing. I go to the very same spot of our last meeting and yell some more. Shout my frustrations with him abandoning me .

And he responds to me in silence.

I know he sees me. I know he hears me.

I looked over at the window .

Kakashi stood outside calling my name.

"What do you want " I said a bit annoyed.

" asuma wants me to invite you for lunch tomorrow. "

Ugh.

"Fine. Bye . " I slammed my window shut. But quickly re opened It.

Things between kakashi and I remained professional . Minus the flirting . It became so natural.

Asuma apologized about what he said about me. Apologizing on kurenai's behalf.

Kurenai and I are... civil ..

Yugao and I hardly see each other. I miss how busy i was in the anbu. I didn't have time to think. Now. I have all the time in the world.

And that's my problem .

My eyes started to grow heavy. Great.

Another night with no itachi.

"How long do you plan on watching her " Toby asks from a tree branch outside your window.

"Until I know she's in good hands. " he answered quietly.

" you want to watch your lover love someone else ?" He tilted his head

Itachi didn't say a word. He watched as you slept peacefully holding onto his framed picture .

" I don't know why she loves you so much. I wonder how she would feel if she knew about you and konan. "