Chapter 2

**Hayes POV**

(FYI it's Friday)

The last bell finally rang. I walked over to Kelley.

"Hey Kelley..can I have your number since ya know..we are in every class together and we will probably become close friends."

"Not in a million years Hayes," she said and picked up her math things and walked out of the classroom.

"Hey Kelley wait up!" I yelled.

Right when I stepped outside the classroom I was crowed with girls.

"LADIES! LET MR. GRIER THROUGH AND LET HIM GO TO HIS LOCKER!" The principal yelled.

The girls backed away and left. Finally they weren't following me around.

I went to my locker and grabbed my backpack and took out my phone. I had a billion texts from Nash, Matt, my mom and some random numbers that I didn't know. I opened them all but didn't respond to any. My mom was waiting for me in the car. She picks me up every day after school.

"Hey Hayes how was your first day?" she asked me.

"Eh, it was fine. A lot of girls know who I am at this school," I said.

"Don't worry they will get over it."

When I get home I decide to go for a run on the beach. I put running shorts on, took my shirt off and I put in my running shoes on.

"I'm going to go for a run on the beach," I tell my mom while walking out the door.

I start running and get caught up in the beauty of the ocean. I wasn't looking where I was going and bumped into a girl.

"What the hell?!" She asked.

"I'm so sorry," I say looking up. It was Kelley.

**Kelleys POV**

"Hey Hayes," I say while looking back down at my phone as pI kept walking.

"Hey Kelley wait up!" Hayes said.

"What do you want Hayes?" I asked, annoyed. I was in the middle of an important conversation and didn't want to be interrupted.

"Sorry. I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out? Just as new friends getting to know each other better," he said.

"Whatever. Fine," I say and we walk along the beach.

"So how's it like, having all these girls wanting you?" I ask.

"You get used to it," he replied.

"A bit cocky, are we?" I joked and we both laughed.

We sat down in the sand and watched girls walk by, looking at Hayes and whispering.

"Just ignore them," he said.

It was kind of funny that he didn't care. And also a little cute.

"Soooo, can I have your number now? Or are we still not friends?" he asked me.

"Nope. I hate you," I say.

He looked hurt.

"I'm just kidding Hayes!" I grab his phone and put my number in. "Make sure you spell my name right. It's -ey at the end not just -y," I say. People always spell my name wrong. It annoys me so much considering my best friends name is Kelli too.

He takes his phone back.

"Well I should get going," he said.

"Okay bye Hayes. See you at the pier tomorrow for the 8th grade formal? Everyone is going. It's ok that you don't have a date. Most people don't," I asked him.

"Yeah that sounds like fun! What time?"

"It starts at 7pm and goes till whenever you wanna leave," I reply.

"Okay see you then! Bye Kelley!"

"Bye Hayes!" I smiled. I guess he wasn't that bad..

I turned around and walked home.

I kinda like having Hayes around. He's good company. And he's pretty nice too.

I walked into my house and went into my big open living room with windows facing the ocean. My family has always had a lot of money. I don't even know what my parent do. I'm pretty sure my dad owns some sort of bank company or something. My mom doesn't work.

I take out my phone and see a text from Jake.

Jake: can I come over? No ones home and I'm pretty lonely

Me: yeah sure I'm in my living room

About 30 seconds later Jake walked through the door.

"Hey Kelley!"

"Hey Jake! Wanna watch a movie? I just bought insidious chapter 2!"

We go down to my movie theater room and turn it on. I'm so scared that i jump into jakes arms. he looks at me and our eyes connect. I don't like Jake though. he's my best friend, and I think I might like Hayes. I look away and go upstairs to get my phone. I see a text from Hayes.

Hayes: hey! I forgot to ask you, where exactly is the pier?

I saw Hayes walk to his house so I knew where he lived. the pier was close to his house.

Me: look out your window and look to your right

Hayes: oh I see it thanks!

I plug my phone in and go back downstairs.

"Kelley I'm going to go home. my dad just got back from Minnesota for a business trip. we are going out to dinner,"

"Okay bye Jake," I hug him and turn off the movie. Then I go up to my room and lay on my bed. I decide to lay out my clothes for tomorrow night. My friends and I went dress shopping last week and got super cute dresses. mine was dark blue, strapless, tight at the top and pouffy at the bottom, and it was short with diamonds on it.

I also lay out my silver sandals that I got. It was freezing in my room so I took a really hot shower. I got out and threw my hair into a messy bun and put on sweatpants and a v-neck teeshirt.

I laid in bed with my heated blanket on and watched pretty little liars until 1am. My eyes got heavier and heavier until I finally drifted off to sleep.

__________

hey so how do you like this chapter? do you like Kelley? I know she's sounds kinda like a bitch but I visioned her to be really nice.

❤️-K