Chapter 38

**Kelleys POV**

(1 hour before Hayes got the call)

The gas that the doctor had out me on to make me go to sleep finally wore off and I was awake. My chest hurt really bad and I was super thirsty.

A nurse walked in and said, "Oh Kelley! You are up! Great! How do you feel?"

"My chest hurts when I breath and I'm really thirsty," I quickly let out as m the pain in my chest grew. I grabbed the area right below my collar bone and winced in pain.

"I will go get you a glass of water and I will grab the the doctor," the nurse said as she left but quickly came back with a glad of water.

I took the water and gulped it down. Right when I finished, a female doctor walked in.

"Hey Kelley, I was the doctor that performed surgery on your heart. I heard you had some pain?" She asked.

"Yeah, it feels likes it's coming from around my heart," I said showering her where the pain was.

"I will run some tests and find out what the problem is," she explained.

Some nurses came in with X-Ray things and they took some pictures of my heart and the listened to my heart.

Once the X-rays came up, my doctors face changed dramatically. She looked scared.

"Um, Kelley don't drink anything or eat anything for a while, and don't talk. Just try to sleep," she said and then left.

I fell asleep for about a half an hour and when I woke up, all of the boys and Mahogany were in my room.

"Why are you all here?" I asked, obviously very confused.

"Kelley, do you really want to know?" Nash asked.

I nodded.

"Your heart isn't strong enough to handle a pacemaker, and you can't live without one, " Nash almost whispered.

"Does this mean that I'm going to...die?" I asked as tears started rolling down my cheeks. I can't die. Jy biggest fear is death.

Nash and the boys left my room but Hayes stayed.

"I'm dying Hayes," I let out.

"No, you're not going to die. You can't die," Hayes grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"Do you have your phone?" I asked Hayes.

He took it out of his pocket and handed it to me. I unlocked it and called my mom.

It rang twice before she picked up.

"Hello Hayes, is everything okay?" she asked.

"Mom it's me, Kelley. I don't know if you heard but I'm in the hospital because of my heart."

"Yes I heard, are you okay?" My mom panicked.

"No I'm not, my heart isn't strong enough for a pacemaker and I can't live without it. They are taking it out and then soon...I will die," I cried hard.

"Oh my god. Kelley I love you so much. I will go get on a plane right now and come to you. Hang on as long as you can," she said.

"If you don't make it in time, I'm sorry that you lost the 2 people you loved the most. I will always be with you in spirit. I love you. I'll tell dad you love him," I cried. This was so hard to do.

"I love you too Kelley. I will miss you. I don't know if I can do this, loosing my husband and daughter. I will have to though. I love you Kelley. Stay on the phone with me so I know you're there. I'll end it when I get on the plane," my mom said. I could hear sniffling on her side of the line.