Chapter 36

**Kelleys POV**

I woke up the next morning and I didn't feel good. I was really hot, my head hurt and my throat was killing me.

I went over to the other bed so I wouldn't get Hayes sick. I tried to fall back asleep but I couldn't so I got up and took a shower.

When I got out, I still didn't feel better. Actually, I felt worse. I put on spandex, a sports bra and a tee shirt that I got from a surfing competition, then I put my hair in a messy bun and put on a Lululemon headband. I didn't bother putting any makeup on since I was just going to lay in bed all day.

I walked out of the bathroom and saw that Hayes still wasn't up, so I laid in the bed across from Hayes' bed and grabbed my phone. I never check my texts so I checked them. I had 2 from my mom, 1 from Kelli, 4 from Kate who is a family friend, 2 from Nash I don't know why and 1 from Brent.

I opened the one from my mom first.

Mom: How's it going in Miami?

Mom: the people from WPS are here and they want you to sign some papers so you can be apart of their team! Let's sign them when you get back! The first competition is in Jeffery's Bay, South Africa. They have amazing waves!

I wrote a quick reply.

Me: it's good! I'm sick today though:(. And yay! I can't wait :D

I ignored the texts Nash sent me, they were stupid so I moved on to Kelli's.

Kelli: I hope we are good right?

No we weren't good. Honestly, I don't think we are best friends anymore. She is dressing really slutty lately and is trying to kiss other boys in magcon and it's gross. She also doesn't eat and she's super skinny.

Me: No. You are turning into a slut and I don't want to be friends with a slut. So goodbye.

That was hard for me to send because we have been best friends for so long and we were so close.

Next I opened Kates.

Kate: Let's have some girl time? We haven't had it in so long! I miss you girly!

She was kind of like a sister that I never had. Kate is 19 and she is so pretty. Her hair is blonde and is really long and she has a great fashion sense.

I read the rest if her texts.

Kate: I wanna see you surf again! I heard you got recruited to be with the WPS! Congrats!

Kate: you never answer your phone!! :,(

Kate: text me when you get the chance. love you :*

I replied.

Me: yaass! sorry I haven't checked my phone in a while! let's go shopping let's go to Hollywood and hang out there and let's go to Knotts Berry Farm and so much more! And thanks! I'm excited to get back in the water since I'm not home!

Finally I read Brent's. I was kind of scared but I don't know why.

Brent: Kelli is such a bitch and a slut. I caught her trying to kiss Shawn today and ugghh. the one time i get a girl she turns out like that. how are you friends with her?

Me: I'm sorry best friend :( and Kelli and I aren't friends anymore. I ended that. And if you need to talk I'm here. ily:*

After I sent that, Hayes woke up.

"Wow, you're up early," Hayes said while he stretched his arms.

"Yeah, I woke up and I didn't feel good so I took a shower and I still didn't feel good, so here I am," I replied, shrugging and going onto snapchat to watch people's stories.