Chapter 14

(Just arriving in Hawaii)

Note--Kelley and Hayes are going to be 15..sorry but it will make the story be a lot less awkward and weird and it will be better

*Kelleys POV**

We just landed in Hawaii and it was beautiful here. Light breeze and about 85 degrees with not a cloud in the sky.

Turns out Cam is staying at his place while we are there too along with Cams new girlfriend Bailie. They picked us up and we drove to his beach house.

When we got there I went to my room. His place was so nice. It was bigger than my house in Cali and my house is pretty big. I got the room facing the ocean.

I walked to Hayes room. "Hey does Cam have any surf boards here so I can enter in a competition?" I ask.

"Yeah they are down there stuck in a pile of sand. Cameron said you can choose any one you want. They are already waxes and everything," Hayes replied.

I walked downstairs and went outside to find the boards and I ran into Brent. I had met him at the Florida MagCon.

"Hey Brent! What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came down for spring break. I rented the place next to Cameron's," he replied.

"Oh cool," I said checking out all the boards. Things are kind of awkward between me and Brent considering what we, well he did at the Florida magcon.

Flashback

"Brent stop! Go away!" I yelled. Someone had put alcohol in his coke that he was drinking and now he was drunk and trying to kiss me.

"But I love you Kelley. So much," he slurred. Then he pressed his lips against mine. Hayes walked in to see what we were doing.

I pushed Brent off and slapped him.

"What was that for baby? I love you," he said.

"Brent get the hell away from my girlfriend!" Hayes yelled.

"Hayes come on man what was that for? I live your girlfriend and I just want to get in her pants," he slurred.

I ran away and went in to my hotel room.

I heard Hayes beating him up and I knew that's what her deserved since when you are drunk you say things that are true but that you don't want to say out loud.

End of flashback

"Brent things are really awkward between us now, you know that right?" I say looking away from him.

"Yeah I know. What I said was wrong. I was going through a phase. I just hope we can get to be good friends now," he said.

I smiled and walked over to where Hayes, Bailie and Cam were sitting in beach chairs tanning.

"What did that asshole want?" Hayes asked me.

"He just said that he wanted to become friends. That's all Hayes," I said walking inside to get my surfing stuff on since there were some pretty insane waves a little ways out.

I ran back outside.

"Hey Hayes, wanna surf with me?" I ask.

"Nah I'm fine I wanna watch you though, your amazing," he said kissing me.

I went over and grabbed the best board that Cam had and ran into the water.

I paddled out and waited for a wave to come. I saw one a distance away. It was huge. Coming straight for me. I was going to ride it. I paddled out a little farther and the turned my board around just as the wave was about the hit me. I stood up on my board and started doing cool tricks and went into a barrel at the end. When I'm in a barrel it feels like it's only me and the ocean. I love it.