Chapter 40

**Hayes POV**

I didn't sleep the whole plane ride, I couldn't. Instead, I decided to do a following spree on twitter since I had never done one.

When we finally landed, I shook Kelley so she woke up.

"We landed. We're finally home," I whispered. She smiled and got ready to get off the plane.

Once we got off, we waited for our luggage. Kelley called her mom to come and pick us up. Finally we got our bags and we drove home.

"Can I stay over? My mom and Skylynn aren't home and I don't wanna be alone," I explained.

"Sure! You're welcome over any time!" Mrs. North said.

"Thanks," I replied.

Kelley was being really quiet and I didn't know why. Was she thinking about her dad? I didn't really want to ask her, she might get mad.

**Kelleys POV**

Being home reminded me of mg dad. It had only been about a week. I wasn't talking and I didn't feel like talking. I just wanted to eat ice cream and watch Netflix, that's what I do when I'm sad. It felt like I was slowly going into depression all of a sudden.

"Mom, can we stop and get ice cream? That sounds really good," I said, making my mom take a sharp turn to head to Ben and Jerry's.

Hayes and I got ice cream and then drove back home. It was midnight when we finally got home.

"Do you wanna watch Netflix or just go to bed?" I asked Hayes as I made him drag my suit case up the stairs to my room. My arms are weak okay!

"I don't know, I'm really tired, not just from dragging your 100 pound suitcase up the stairs!" I laughed.

"Okay, I'm tired too, so we can just go to bed," I said as I found a pair of sweatpants in my dresser and put them on, along with a black sports bra. I went into the bathroom and washed my face and brushed my hair. I walked out of my bathroom as Hayes was putting some basketball shorts on with no shirt.

I went over to him and hugged him.my arms went around his neck tightly and I was on my tippy toes with my head resting on his should. Hayes had his arms around my torso and his chin on my shoulder. We stayed like this for a few minutes.

"Thank you," I whispered.

"For what?" Hayes asked.

"For being the best boyfriend in the world," I said.

"Nothing compares to you though," he whispered in my ear, sending goosebumps down my body.

"I love you," I said as I pulled away, lighting pecking him on the lips.

"I don't just love you, I'm in love with you," he stated. That made me smile.

I sat down on the end of the bed and started thinking out loud.

"This isn't going to last forever though," I frowned.

"Why won't it? I want you in my future, hell I need you in my future. I want to marry you and have kids and it want to grow old with you," hayes rambled.

"We are only 15, we need this to work for like 10 more years. That's a long time Hayes," I said.

"We will make it. Even if we break up half way through those 10 years, we will find our way back to each other. This is true love, right?" Hayes reassured me.

"Yeah, it is," I smiled as he kissed my cheek before climbing into my bed. I followed.

I turned off the light that was on my nightstand and turned to face Hayes. He pulled me close to him as I cuddled into his chest.

"Goodnight," I whispered.

"Goodnight," he kissed the top of my head.

And like that, I was out like a light.

(A/N- I'm skipping ahead 3 months to make the story go faster)

**Hayes POV**

It was the last week of school, finally. There was this end of the school year dance and Kelley and I were going together (obviously) but she was still expecting me to ask her formally so I was just gonna decorate her locker saying "Will you go to formal with me?"

I don't know, it's simple but gets to the point. I'm just not feeling very creative lately.

Kelley and I penny boarded to school as hung out with our group of friends, which consisted of me, Kelley, Rachel, a new girl named Jen, and Shawn. Yes, Shawn Mendes. He moved here last month and I was glad since me and him were pretty close.

"So Shawn, are you going to ask any one to formal?" I asked him. The girls went off to go talk to a teacher about finals.

"Yeah, I think I'm actually going to ask Hannah," he said, looking over at Hannah Anderson. She was okay, not great. But she was really nice like Shawn. They would be cute together.

"Oh cool! Do you want to help me decorate Kelleys locker tomorrow when I ask her?" I asked.

"Yeah! Will you help me with Hannah's?"

"Yeah of course!" I said, before the bell rang to get to class. Kelley and I still had every class together, which was nice.

(End of school day)

**Kelleys POV**

No body knew or could tell, but every day I was getting closer and closer to major depression. I almost started to cut once or twice, but I stopped myself. I also thought about suicide once. I missed my dad so much. Him and I were so alike. It was like I was missing my other half.

Hayes and I boarded home together. We always hung out together after school and studied or did homework. Ew I know.

While we were studying for our history final, I said, "Hayes, this is really hard for me to say...but," I choked.

"What? What's wrong?" he worried. I could tell he cares because his eyes got really soft.

"I-I have b-been falling into d-depression," I stuttered while I started to cry.

"What do you mean?" He asked, getting closer to me on the couch while I buried my face in my hands.

"I almost started to cut a few times and I thought about suicide," I let out.

Hayes came over and hugged me tight. "You obviously had the strength to not though. I couldn't live with my self if you died. What made you so depressed?" he asked me.

"My dad's death. I'm missing a part of me that I will never get back."

"I'm sorry, but there is nothing anyone can do to bring him back. Just please promise me that you will never think about doing that stuff again," Hayes said, kind of sternly.

"I promise, but I don't know how to stop thinking about him. He runs through my mind all the time. I can't just forget about him," I cried.

"Do thinks to keep him off your mind. It's okay of he runs across your mind sometimes," Hayes suggested.

"You're right, I will try. But it might take a while. Thank you Hayes," I said, hugging him tight. He let me go and wiped off the makeup that was running down my face.

"Now, can we get back to studying?" he asked.

-----------------

A/N- so another chapter done! I have been updating a lot lately! haha well keep reading and voting and leave some comments! Do you all love this book? I hope you do! k well byee!

❤️-K