Chapter 26

**Kelleys POV**

We got to the hospital and ran into my dad's room.

"Dad! Please don't go!" I said, tears falling down my face.

"I love you Kelley. I hope you do great things with your life. I am going to die, but this is gods plan. I love you," my dad said. He sounded weak and tired.

"I love you too dad," I said giving him a hug. Then Trevor and I left so my dad and mom could have some time to talk.

We sat in the waiting room. Neither of us spoke.

"Kelley I'm so sorry," Trevor said finally breaking the silence. Then he leaned over and hugged me. I cried into his shoulder.

When we broke away I said, "I really needed that hug. Thanks."

My mom came out and said we could come back in again. I got into his room and hugged my dad again.

"I will miss you dad. Thank you for being there for me and protecting me," I said.

"I love you Kel-," he couldn't finish his words before the heart monitor went crazy.

Nurses came rushing in and tried to save him. Nothing was working.

We had to leave the room. My dad dies before my very eyes. Tears came running down my face again.

The nurses cremated his body and put his ashes in a fancy vase thing.

We headed home. In the car, no one said a word. It was best if we didn't say anything.

We arrived at my house and I ran up the stairs and went to take a hot shower.

I turned the water on and let it heat up. Then I turned the song Paradise by Jack&Jack on. They forced me to buy it and it turned out to be my favorite song.

I got in the shower and just stood there. It hadn't hit me yet that my dad was dead.

I was in the shower for a good 30 minutes. I got out and put on leggings and a plain tee shirt. Then I went out to the beach.

I sat on the sand and watched the waves crash into the shore.

"Kelley?" I heard someone say. I turned around and saw Brent standing there.

"Hey. Come sit down," I said.

He came and sat next to me and said, "Are you okay Kell?"

"Not really," I answered.

"Why?"

"My dad just died," I said holding back my tears. Brent put his arms around me and pulling me close to him.

**Brent's POV**

I feel so bad for Kelley. She doesn't deserve what has happened to her this week. First Hayes, then her dad.

"Let's not talk about that," I said. "Are you excited for MagCon Miami next week?" I said trying to change the subject.

"Im actually kind of nervous. Hayes is going to be there. What if he thinks we are together?" Kelley said.

Do I ask her now? No, to make Hayes even more jealous and regretful, I will do it at MagCon.

"Who cares if he does. He has his little slut," I said kissing her forehead.

"I love you Brent. You always cheer me up," Kelley said looking into my eyes. Mine connected to hers and we both leaned in and kissed. I could feel electricity going through my body.

We both separated and I said, "I love you too."

**Hayes POV**

"Hayes you are so hot," Christina said shoving her face on to mine again.