Chapter 3

**Kelleys POV**

I woke up at 10:30am and got out of bed. My mom picked up bagles from a local bagel shop. These were my favorite.

"Hey sweetie! There was some boy who came by earlier looking for you. He said his name was Hayes," my mom said.

"What did he want?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. He said he would text you."

I checked my phone and sure enough, there was a text from Hayes.

Hayes: wanna hang out today? I'm coming over.

Hayes: you were asleep. text me when you get up.

I texted him back.

Me: hey Hayes 😋

He responded right away.

Hayes: good morning! meet me at the beach?

Me: yeah be there in 10 mins

I quickly ate my bagel and went up to my room. I put on my floral print criss cross swim suit from pink and matching bottoms. then I put on a crop top and some high wasted shorts. I walked down stairs and slipped on some flip flops and grabbed my beach bag which I always kept packed.

"Mom I'm gonna go chill onthe beach!" I yelled to my mom.

I walked out of my house and walked on the beach. I saw Hayes already laying down so I walked over to him and laid my towel down next to his.

"Hey Hayes!"

"Hey! I like it here in California. It's so laid back and fun! Like I couldn't care less about the world," he said to me, staring into my eyes.

**Hayes POV**

I looked into Kelleys blue-green eyes. She was stunning. I can't believe i already like her. Do I tell her how I feel? No not yet. I think she has a thing with Jake.

"I'm gonna put head phones in now so if you wanna keep talking go find some else to talk to," she said kind of laughing.

I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder and headed for the water.

"Hayes what are you doing?! Put me down!" she screamed.

I didn't care that she was kicking me. I threw her into the ocean and she pulled me under. We both got up and started cracking up.

"Hayes! What was that all about?" she asked me.

I just shrugged my shoulders and dunked her back under again while she pulled me under.

We both eventually got out and dried off. Then we went to get some ice cream.

"Today has been fun Hayes," she said to me while eating her ice cream.

"Yeah it has. Thanks for not being so stuck up anymore," I gave her a wink.

"You thought I was stuck up when you first met me?"

"Well yeah. You wouldn't even look at my face," I replied to her.

"I thought you just wanted to date me. You acted like a total dick on the first day," she laughed.

"I'm not very good at first impressions," I admitted.

"You don't say?" she said sarcastically. "Well I gotta go and get ready for tonight."

"Okay bye Kelley," see you in a few hours!" I said while turning the other way to walk home. Today was a good day.

**Kelleys POV**