Chapter 43

**Kelleys POV**

"That song was sad," Hayes said.

"Yeah haha," I laughed nervously.

"What's wrong?" he asked. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, I just need to tell you something later. But it's nothing bad," I lied. It was bad. We would have to break up. And I won't see him for 3 years.

"Okay good," hayes said and smiled at me, putting his hand on my thigh as I kept driving.

The next song played was Thin Line by Macklemore. I turned it up, this song was so good.

"You like weird music," Hayes said.

"No, I listen to amazing music," I laughed.

We got to the mall and went into a store to find what we were going to wear.

I found an aqua dress that was short and it flared out at the bottom and it had sequins on the top half. I picked out a tie that matched for Hayes and he got black dress pants with a white dress shirt.

Then, we went to dsw and I bought se white flats.

"Let's go to the vans store and get matching vans!" Hayes said as he took my hand and led me into the vans store.

We bought maroon vans and he also got red ones and I got cheetah print one.

"Do you want to go back and surf?" I asked.

"Yeah sure! Just don't hurt yourself, again," Hayes laughed.

"That's not funny!" I pushed him.

"Yeah I know," he said.

"I hate you," I joked.

"I love you too," he leaned into kiss me but I moved my head so he kissed my cheek.

We got back in the car and I turned the radio on. Doing it right by Jack&Jack was playing.

"No way! It's on the radio! This is awesome!" Hayes exclaimed.

I turned it up and we listened to it until we got back home. I brought my mags upstairs and changed into a billabong swimsuit. I grabbed a towel and went downstairs. My phone buzzed.

Hayes: went home to change. meet me at the beach.

I was going to tell him about my surf trip at the beach. I was scared though.

I walked outside and went to my boat house and grabbed one of my 8 boards.

The, I ran out and stuck it in the sand and waited for Hayes. My phone buzzed.

Hayes: coming out now..you need to tell me what you were going to say

Me: okay and I will..

30 seconds later, Hayes was running out and when he got to me, he sat down.

"Tell me what you were going to say!"

"Can we surf first?" I asked. I wanted to delay telling him for as long as I could.

"Yeah sure!" Hayes said.

We went in the water with our boards and surfed for a few hours. When we got out, I saw Conner Coffin, a boy who was going on the trip with. He was 16, my age and he was tall, tan and had super blonde hair, he was a typical surfer dude.

(A/N- there is a guy named Conner coffin and he's a surfer and he's super hot haha)

"Kelley! Hey!" Conner said.

"Hey Conner! Why are you in Santa Monica?" I asked, hugging him. I could feel Hayes' eyes on us but I ignored it.

"Just wanted to surf where the best surfer I know learned how to surf! That's you!" he whispered the last part.

"Please, you know so many other people who are better!" I laughed.

"Nah, you're the best!" he winked.

"Kelley, mid telling me who this is?" Hayes asked, obviously annoyed.

"Hayes, this is Conner, a guy that I surf with for WPS. Conner, this is hayes, my boyfriend," I introduced them.

"Hey you look familiar, are you that dude from that one app..what was it called..." Conner said.

"Vine," Hayes said.

"Yeah! And your brother is Nash right?" Conner asked.

Hayes nodded.

"Well, I'm going to go ride some waves. Kelley we should surf together later!" Conner said.

"Yeah definitely! Bye Conner," I waved. "Hayes can you not act like such an asshole?" I said once Conner was gone.

"Well I can't help it when he's flirting with my girlfriend!" hayes yelled.

"He's just a friend!" I defended.

"Okay. Now what were you going to tell me?" He asked.

"Well..umm.. in a month, I'm leaving to go travel the world and surf in the best places in the world. And compete. I'm going with WPS," I said.

"That's great!" Hayes hugged me.

"Yeah..but the bad part is...," I trailed off.

"What?" he asked.

"I'm going to be gone..for 3 years," I sighed.

"3 years!? That's a long time," Hayes said.

"Yeah, this means we are going to have to.." I choked. My eyes were starting to tear up.

"Break up," Hayes finished for me.

**Hayes POV**

Kelley started crying, harder than I had ever seen her cry. Her makeup was running down her face and her eyes were super puffy. I held her in my arms.

I took her hand and led her into my house because it was closer than her house. Then I sat her on the couch and kneeled down in front of her, wiping away her tears.

"Whatever happens, we will find our way back to each other, promise?" I asked. I didn't want to lose her, and I didn't want her to be around that Conner guy for 3 years, but I couldn't stop that.

"But what if we both move on during that 3 years?" Kelleys asked.

"If we find other people, then maybe that's what we were supposed to do. If we get brought back together, then we will worry about that then. But for now, let's make the best of the last month we have together. Okay?"

"Okay," Kelley said and wrapped her arms around me. "I don't want to do anything else the rest of the day,"

"Me either. Let's just chill. Come downstairs. We can cuddle," I said in a girl voice.

"I need to cuddle with you right now," Kelley said and got up, following me downstairs. We laid down on the couch and just stayed like that for the rest of the day.

**Kelleys POV**

I didn't want to leave Hayes for 3 years. I now I will probably move on but still. At least I will have Conner, and him and I kind if have a thing I guess you could call it.

"Can we just skip the res of school?" I asked Hayes.

"Well tomorrow's the last day, we should still go," Hayes said.

"Okay fine," I sighed.

"No matter what happens, I still want to be with you when you get back," He said.

"Let's keep in touch and text each other everyday," I said.

"Okay. I just don't want to totally loose you forever. I'm even fine if we both move on, as long as we stay in touch," hayes kissed the top of my head.

"Okay."

-------------------

A/N- double update! probably updating avian tonight cuz why not? omg I almost cried during this chapter and it's even worse that I was listening to amnesia by 5sos!

❤️-K