Chapter 22

(Next day at seal beach)

**Kelley POV**

I was a little nervous when Hayes said we were going to seal beach but I was kind of under cover right? I mean I was with my boyfriend and I didn't have a gun or anything.

"Kelley are you alright? You seem nervous," Hayes said looking down at me as we were walking side by side holding hands.

"Yeah I'm fine. I was just thinking," I lied. I know I can't tell him about the whole CIA thing but I can't keep a secret forever. Maybe I should just quit.

The beach wasn't crowded at all so if Vladimir was here then I could easily spot him. The head of the CIA had called me this morning and told me that I needed to go to training camp to I can defend my self.

"Kelley, I was going to give you this in Hawaii but since we left early I decided to give it to you know," Hayes said pulling out the biz that I found in his suitcase earlier.

He opened it a took out the beautiful diamond necklace.

"Hayes it so pretty," I said starting to tear up.

"Just like you," he said lifting my chin up so that I was looking into his blue eyes. Hayes brought my face close to his and our lips connected, sending sparks everywhere. The kiss was so passionate and just amazing. We kissed for what seemed like forever and then we both pulled away.

"I could kiss you forever," Hayes said kissing me quick one last time.

I read the note and then said, "I love you so much Hayes. But you need to work on your handwriting," I laughed.

"Hey don't make fun of it. I don't have typical girly handwriting like all of the girls have," he said.

"Can you put this on me?" I asked handing him the necklace. He quickly put it around my neck and the stood behind me and kissed my cheek from behind. He was so sweet.

All of a sudden I saw someone run behind a bush. The person was tall and muscular with what looked like almost black hair. It must have been Vladimir.

"Hayes you should leave," I said turning him around and pushing his the way we came.

"Why? We just got here!" Hayes complained.

"I just don't want you to get hurt. You need to leave," I said, almost yelling.

He obeyed and left but I'm pretty sure he was still watching me.

"You look very familiar," a man with a thick Russian accent said walking up behind me.

"You tried to kill my dad. My dad and I look a lot alike, if you haven't noticed," I said turning around.

"Ah so you are the spy's daughter. Well I will have to use you to get to your dad. You see, your father has a very large amount of money. If I get to him, I get it all," he said.

"You can't use me," I said running as fast as I could. I was always a very fast sprinter and I outran Vladimir easily.

"You can run, but you can't hide!" he yelled as I got in a cab with Hayes.

"Kelley you need to tell me what's going on. Now," Hayes said looking directly at me. I couldn't read his eyes.

"I can't tell you. I'm sorry Hayes. I can't tell you unless you want both of us to die," I said looking away from him.

The rest of the ride was silent and I could sense tension between us but I couldn't tell Hayes what I was.

I got home and I called Mr. Johnson, the head if the CIA to see if I could quit. I just couldn't take it any more. Not telling Hayes was killing me.

"Hello?" A man with a southern accent answered.

"Hello, this is Kelley North. I was jut wondering if I could quit. I don't think I'm ready to handle this big of a job yet. I'm sorry," I said into the phone.

"I completely understand. We knew you wouldn't last a week but we wanted to test it out. Call us back of you ever are thinking of joining again." and with that the call ended.

I wasn't a CIA agent any more. Yay! I couldn't handle it. But now I have to deal with Vladimir.

(The next day)

**Hayes POV**

Kelley and I haven't talked since our fight yesterday. I need to find out who that guy is that was chasing her. Who is Kelley? Do I even know her any more?

There was a knock on my front door so I went to answer it.

I opened the door and it was Kelley. She engulfed me in a hug. It felt good knowing that she wasn't mad.

"I'm ready to tell you about yesterday," Kelly said leading me to the couch and we both sat down.

"So when my dad was in the hospital, those two guys that brought me into a room to ask me questions, they were from the CIA. And they recruited me. I was a CIA agent but I quit last night. So I wouldn't have to keep any secrets for you," she said.

The she told me all about Vladimir Gregorvittle and how she needs to leave or change how she looks.

"Thank you for telling me this," I said hugging her again.

"I love you Hayes. I can't keep a secret from you," she said kissing me on the lips. We kissed for a little while and then she said, "I need to dye my hair and get my appearance changed so he doesn't recognize me."

"But you are perfect just like this. I don't want you to change," I said holding her hands in mine.

"I have to Hayes. Either this is or I move. My parents gave me a choice. We move to Nebraska in the middle of no where, where no one can find us, or I change my look. I'm pretty sure I know which one you would pick," Kelley said.

"Okay well let's go get your hair cut and dyed and whatever else you need," I said getting up so we could leave.

I didn't want Kelley to change. She was perfect the way she was. I don't want to date a different girl than I'm already dating. I just want my normal Kelley.

-----------

A/N-- hai guys:) so another chapter done! I know it's late but oh well :) I might not be updating much because I have to study for a big final and I have tests and stiff since it's the end of the year (yay!!) I will try to update at nights and this weekend I am only going to be updating 1 time a day because I will be so busy! but it's almost summer! Yay! Love you all so much ❤️

❤️-K