Chapter 27

**Kelleys POV**

(Tuesday during school)

Kelli, Rachel, Trevor, Max and I were all sitting at our lunch table eating.

"Nobody talks to Hayes anymore since you guys broke up. I feel kind of bad," Rachel said.

"No one likes him. He cheated on the most loved girl in our school. Anyone who forgives him is insane," Trevor said.

I was about to say something but then I heard a bunch of girls screaming and then two hands covered my eyes.

"Guess who," someone whispered in my ear.

"Hmmm, is this Brad Pitt?" I joked.

"Close enough," Brent said taking his hands off my eyes as I turned around and hugged him.

I took his hand and we walked out of the cafeteria so all of the fangirls wouldn't be crowding us.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I just wanted to see you," Brent said hugging me.

"Awww. You're coming to my dad's funeral tomorrow right?" I asked.

"I wouldn't miss it," Brent said and then kissed my forehead.

I heard someone walking down the hall. I turned around and saw Hayes there.

**Hayes POV**

Kelley turned around and looked at me.

"Hey Kelley," I said, trying to be friendly.

"Hi. I need to talk to you," Kelley said walking away from Brent and coming over to me. She led me into a math class.

"What do you need to talk to me about?" I asked.

"Why are you acting so jealous?" she said.

That hurt me inside. I still had feelings for Kelley. I still love her. But she loves Brent.

"Kelley I still love you. But you love Brent," I confessed.

"Y-You still love me? But then why did you cheat on me?" she asked.

"You don't realize how much you love someone until you let them go. You mean so much to me. I love you. I can't be without you," I said.

"Hayes, I can't be with you. Not now," she said looking down at her feet.

"Yeah I know, you and Brent are dating," I said starting to walk out of the room.

"No we aren't."

"Yeah okay," I said and walked out into the hallway.

I didn't want to be at school anymore. I didn't want to be in California anymore. Nothing good has happened to me here, except for Kelley. But she hates me, and I know why. It's all my fault. I need to do something to get her back but I don't know what. She's with Brent. All I have is a slut.

**Kelleys POV**

"Hayes knows about us," I said to Brent when he walked into the classroom.

"How?" he asked.

"I don't know. But he still loves me. I do too but I love you more Brent. You wouldn't cheat on me," I said.

"You're right. I wouldn't," Brent said hugging me.

He walked me back to the lunch room and the he left. I couldn't stop thinking about what Hayes said to me. He still loves me.

(The next day)