Chapter 37

**Hayes POV**

I saw Kelley go under while I was sitting on my board. At first I thought she was fine until her board came up, but not her.

I quickly jumped off my board and swam under the water to try and find her, but I couldn't.

"HELP!" I yelled to a lifeguard who was sitting in his chair, texting. Wow, he's really good at her job.

He came swimming out and swam under to find Kelley.

At first, the lifeguard came back up without Kelley, but went back down. the second time he came up, Kelley was in his arms. He swam back to shore with her lifeless body and set her on the sand. He performed CPR and after a few tries, Kelley coughed up a bunch of salt water and she could hardly breath.

"We need an ambulance!" The lifeguard yelled, while another called 911.

"Did anyone see what happened?" Nash asked, he looked worried.

"Yeah I did. She got held under by a wave and couldn't come back up," I could barely manage to get any words out. I didn't know if Kelley was going to be okay. I was praying that she would be fine, but I had a feeling she wasn't.

The ambulance came and took her away. Nash, Brent and I rode with Kelley to the hospital while the rest of the boys went back to the hotel.

Once we got to the hospital, they took Kelley into ICU and examined what was wrong.

(3 hours later)

The do tee came out. I couldn't read the look on his face, but I could tell that whatever he was going to say, was not good news.

"Kelley will be alright, but it turns out that she has swallowed a very unhealthy amount of salt water out of the sea over the course of her life. She is experiencing kidney failure, she has extreme dehydration, and is having abnormal heart beats. We are going to put in a pacemaker, and remove both of her kidneys are replace them. We will also pump very filtered water into her system so she isn't as dehydrated," the doctor said.

I let out all the breath that I was holding in. Kelley was going to be alright. And maybe that's why she was sick today. I should have never let her go surfing.

"Hayes!" Nash waved his hand across my face.

"What!" I jumped, breaking out of my thought.

"Shawn is here to pick us up. Someone will call a when is fine to visit Kelley. Brent and I don't want to sit here for 4 more hours until she gets out and I'm not leaving you alone here so you're coming with," Nash explained.

I nodded and got up out if the really uncomfortable chair that I was sitting in and follow Nash and Brent out The car that Shawn rented while he was here. He is staying in Florida with his girlfriend for a month after MagCon.

"Can we stop and get Taco Bell? I want a Baja Blast," Brent whined.

"Oh shut up, you can go a day without one," I spat. I wasn't in to mood to deal with Brent right now. He always gets in the way.

"Yeah Brent, I want a burrito anyways," Shawn said as he looked in the rear view mirror.

We stopped at Taco Bell but only Shawn and Brent got stuff. Nash was too busy stalking people on twitter. He does that all the time, it's weird.

Once we got back to the hotel, I went into my room and laid down. All I wanted to do was be with Kelley and hug her and never let her go, but I can't. She almost died today. If she did, I wouldn't know what to do. I might commit. That's how much I love her.

I grabbed one of the laptops off the nightstand and it happened to be Kelleys. I powered it on and the background was picture of us holding hands on the beach. The sun was setting and all you could see were the silhouettes of us and the pinkish orangish sky behind us. Someone else had taken the picture and it looked like it was when we were in Hawaii.

I could feel the tears starting to build up in my eyes. I quickly went to Netflix and decided to start watching American Horror Story. I heard it was a really good tv show.

I was in the middle of watching episode 5 when Nash walked in.

"Hey Nash," I said as I pairs Netflix and closed Kelleys laptop.

"Hey," Nash replied.

"Why are you sad?" I asked. Nash is never sad. Oh no. what if it's about Kelley.

"My girlfriend broke up with me and I just wanted to be with my brother," Nash said has he engulfed me in a hug.

"I would say I like hugging you but you smell really bad right now," I laughed.

"Sorry man," Nash let go of me and laid down on my bed.

"Now your getting my bed all smelly!" I yelled as I went to grab one of Kelleys perfumes and sprayed it on Nash. When I smelled it, to reminded me of Kelley. Her long blonde hair, her ocean blue eyes, the way she dressed, everything. I missed her so much and I just wanted to see her and hear her laugh.

"Great now I smell like your girlfriend," Nash complained as he got off my bed. "Ima leave now, you aren't fun."

"K bye. Come over if you need advice from the love doctor," I laughed as he slammed the door shut.

Right when I was about to lay down, my phone rang. The caller id was from the Miami Hospital.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Is this Mr. Nash Grier?" The lady on the other side of the phone asked.

"Yes it is, why?" I lied, I didn't matter at this point. I needed to know why they were calling.

"We need you to come down here now. It's about Kelley M North," and then they hung up.

-------------------

A/N- omg I have almost 600 reads! You guys are amazing! Sorry it took me while to update, I've been busy with friends haha. So I was talking to Hayes on meow and I asked if we could be best friends because I lost mine in a car accident a few weeks ago and he read it but didn't reply😞 I just lost a little respect for him. On a happier note, I hope you are all enjoying Life of the Party by the amazing Shawn Mendes! love you all

❤️-K