Chapter 24

**Kelleys POV**

I woke up in the middle of the night. It was thunder storming out. Someone was knocking on my glass door that I had leading out to my deck.

I got up and opened it and let whoever this person was in. When I turned my lights on I saw that it was Trevor, a guy from my school.

"Trevor what are you doing out in the rain? And why were you knocking on my door? And why do you have bruises on your face?" I asked getting a towel for him.

"It's a long story and I really don't want to talk about it," Trevor said.

Flashback (Trevor POV)

I heard the door open down stairs. It must be my mom. She was out with friends and said she wasn't going to be home until later.

"Hey mom!" I said walking to the door.

"Hey Trevor," she slurred. My mom was really drunk. I have never seen her this bad. She used to be an alcoholic but then she went to rehab.

"Mom you said you would drink again! I'm going to call dad so he can take care of you," I said running to get the home phone.

"Trevor put that phone down and get over here!" she yelled. I obeyed because she got mad when she was drunk sometimes.

"Yes mom?" I asked.

Then she slapped my face and punched my stomach.

"Mom what the hell was that for?!" I yelled.

"You are not going to tell your dad about this!" my mom scolded hitting me again.

"Mom you need help!" I yelled grabbing the phone but she slapped it out of my hand and punched my stomach again.

I ran up to my room and grabbed my iPhone and then jumped out of my window.

I didn't know where I was going but I knew I was never going back to my mom.

End of flashback

**Kelleys POV**

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it? I asked.

"I guess I will," Trevor said. He explained the whole thing to me and I just sat their. When he was done I hugged him really tight.

"Why did you come to my house out of everyone you know?" I asked.

"I don't know you are so nice and you seem like you would help me," Trevor shrugged.

"Aww Trevor, you're so sweet. And of course I will help you. Do you need anything? Food? Water? You should take a hot shower and I will dry your clothes for you," I said showing him my bathroom.

He got in the shower and I put his clothes in the dryer. When he got out I gave him his clothes and got him some blankets and pillows so he could sleep on the floor in my room. I know that sounds rude but I don't want to sleep in the same bed as him. We don't even talk at school.

"Thanks for letting me crash here. I promise I will be gone by the morning," Trevor said while laying on the floor.

"No you can stay as long as you need to," I said turning off the lights.

"Good night Kelley," Trevor cooed.

"Good night Trevor," I replied and with that we both fell asleep.

**Hayes POV**

(Morning)

I woke up at 8:45, earlier than normal and I decided to text Kelley.