5d

About a week later Kadance and Dr. Bugs were summoned into the administrator's office. There they were met by not just the administrator but with Jayse, Thompson and another man. The administrator welcomes them, "Dr. Bugs, Nurse Kadance this is General Rueton from Warrior Command. Lt. Jayse and Corp. Thompson I believe you already met." As the greetings died down the administrator excuses himself and leaves.

Kadance and Dr. Bugs look at each other in surprise the administrator never leaves people alone in his office. Before the surprise wears off completely the general asks them both to sit down. The general himself takes the leather chair behind the desk. The only comfortable chair in the room. Kadance smiles to herself at that.

Rueton's voice breaks into her revery. "Let's get down to business should we? First off Dr. Bugs, we've had our eye on you for quite sometime. We haven't contacted you before because, well quite frankly we thought your attitude would cause you trouble. From the reports here it almost cost you your life. I think had it been anyone other than Lt. Jayse here you'd be dead and this conversation would never have taken place. Yet, he assures me in this report that you are able to learn from your mistakes and even be humble enough to apologize. Is that so Dr.?" The general pins the Dr. with his stare.

"I, yes, sir." Dr. Bugs stutters out.

"Amazing a doctor that is humble. I didn't know it was possible." The general stares at the doctor for a bit longer before returning to the papers before him.

"An offer was made to you, by these men and approved by Command to become part of the Warrior class. You see doctor, we need men that learn from their mistakes. We soldiers have a tendency to be arrogant. We take chances. We need good doctors, the best, to save our hides. If you think you're that man we want you yesterday. Are you able and willing to join our Medic team?"

More than a little dazed doctor Bugs manages to nod his acceptance. Then General brings out some papers. Thompson goes and collects them and hands them to the doctor. The general continues speaking as Dr.Bugs looks over the papers. "Go clear out your domicile. You have until 1400 tomorrow. Report at Gate 27, 1400 to be transported to your training. Those are your orders and information you'll need." Dr. Bugs is clearly stunned at how quickly things were moving and barely managed his leave taking.

The General sits back in his chair with his hands together fingertips only touching. He watches Kadance. Kadance gets tired of being looked at like an insect on display.

"Do you always watch people like they are flies pinned on a board and you're trying to decide how to dissect them?" Then she adds on a belated "sir."

That startles a laugh out of the general. "No, nurse. Not everyone, just the most interesting ones. You were brought to our attention ten years ago, but disappeared before we could contact you. Then Corp. Thompson sent us this." The general dims the lights and brings up a 3d vid. It starts out with the footage from the day she lost her sister. Then the simple words typed in 'we found her'. Then the new video starts up with her reining in Jayse at the diner and then cuts over to the beach were she reams into Jayse.

The audio is crystal clear. She refuses to watch the video. She remembers all to well the scene that takes place. Her face turns bright red as she listens and remembers what happened that night. At least by the time the end comes it's too dark to see anything. But the words are crystal clear.

When it finishes the general speaks, "When the Command staff played that, you had us frozen in our seats. For a full five minutes after we couldn't speak for our amazement." Here the general leans forward in his seat, "No one has ever managed to stop a, what's the term Thompson uses? Oh yeah, 'redline suicider', appropriate that term, once they started their action. Not once, ever without a great many deaths first. Yet you stopped him before he made his first kill. Before you could have even registered he'd moved. You stopped him flat.