20b

"Dig deeper. I want to know everything they've done since they started at Dunworthy Holdings. Go back even further if you can. Let's clean up this nest of vipers," Jayse says irritably.

"Recall the rest of the team. They've lazed about long enough. You all need a break," Jayse says exhausted as he rubs his face.

"You too Jayse. Just not with Kadance, she's even more exhausted than you are right now. Get a room, get some sleep then after you both sleep go to her. She'll be far more welcoming after some well deserved shut eye." Tommy says softly but the order is still there just said in as non aggressive manner as Tommy can manage. "You're dropping where you stand."

"There's a room waiting just below us. The front desk will send someone there with the key," Rackem says.

Jayse sways and Tommy catches him. Jayse growls, "I can still smell her on you."

"Sorry bro. I tried to shower really good." Tommy says as he leads Jayse from the room.

"'S a good thing I'm too tired to do anything about it," Jayse slurs. They stagger to his new room. They reach it just as the manager steps out of the elevator. He quickly opens the door and assists Tommy with Jayse.

Jayse is fully asleep before he is even on the bed.

"Drunk?" the manager asks.

"No, just exhausted. He helped coordinate the fight against the shifters last night. He hasn't had any sleep for a good long time," Tommy replies.

"So why didn't he crash upstairs? Those are our best rooms." The manager is clearly confused.

Tommy looks at him and tells him frankly, "After battle, battle lust turns to celebratory lust. We feed on the smell, it inflames us further. He wouldn't have been able to sleep. She's sleeping, his wife, but he had to get away from her or neither one would be sleeping and as you can see that's what he needs more than anything.

"Speaking of which we'll need housekeeping up there as soon as possible. I don't care what their normal schedules are this is a priority. Tempers might flare if we don't get the rooms cleaned up and aired out. Angry warriors in small confined spaces such as those rooms don't make a good mix. I know Kadance would rather not have that happen." Tommy explains more than he'd normally do, he's tired as well.

The manager swallows hard and eyes get large as his face turns white he assures Tommy that housekeeping would be there soonest. Tommy walks out with the manager.

"Unless it's an emergency don't allow visitors or general calls through. Those we want to talk to have our com links. There's still a hellluva lot to do and half our team is exhausted, we don't need more interference." Tommy instructs, his words more bald than Jayse would have put them but just as effective. He let the unspoken threat do most of his talking for him. The manager assures him that he won't bother them for anything except the direst of emergencies as they part ways.

Tommy nods and keys in a com link, "You have any men you can spare here? We're mostly done in, Jayse has actually collapsed. Two of us are up but the others are too tired to be of any real use."

The captain of the security for the Holdings replies, "Sure, how many do you need?"

Tommy laughs, "As many as you can spare, but at least five. They'll have to take perimeter stances. Housekeeping hasn't gotten to the penthouse yet. The aroma is fairly strong and my men are on edge because of it."

"Ouch. Tell you what, how bout four for upstairs and four for downstairs?" The captain offers.

"Sounds good," Tommy replies a bit relieved.