37

The boys get back to work as Tommy is wheeled to a quiet area of HQ. "We'll skip physio today since I'm told you walked a significant amount earlier. That and your other physical workouts make anything I might do as insignificant. However, I do want to talk, I hear you got clearance to go down to Celeste tomorrow."

"Yes," Tommy replies almost belligerently.

"Save it Tommy, I'm not your enemy here. It doesn't matter to me where we do your therapy. I'm more than happy to be going to Celeste, but I don't want you out. By the time we get to Luna Two you should be walking more. Maybe even long distances without aid. If so I won't hold you back, but if you disregard my instructions here, I'll keep you ship side for Luna Two." Sandlee explains seriously.

"Relax Sandlee, I've already been confined to quarters on Celeste. I'll be a good boy," Tommy says.

Sandlee breaks out laughing. "That'll be the day Tommy. It's too bad life bonds are closed relationships."

"Even if it wasn't, I wouldn't be with anyone else," Tommy says deadly serious.

"I know," Sandlee says and takes him back to his apprentices. "Have fun boys."

"Dall! How nice of you to meet us at the shuttle port," Kadance says smiling at the man standing before her.

Dall breaks into a wide smile, "Kadance, glad your could make it. I hear you've been making things exciting around here lately."

"Me? Naw. The shifters have been busy and the team just happened to find out their plans. How'd things go here?" Kadance says walking with Dall, Jayse at her side.

"Not bad, civies were still mostly in the caves. The others went back down." Dall looks around, "I'm not seeing Tommy is everything okay with him?" Dall asks quietly.

"He was severely injured at Camp, almost died. He'll be out in a sec. He's still using a wheelchair most of the time so he and his physio are coming out last," Jayse answers.

Dall surprised says, "They shot him that badly that it got through his armor?"

"No, he wasn't touched by bullets at camp, that was at Planex. No, the force of Dest's little poppers clearing out a corridor of shifters threw Tommy and the others against walls. For the others it caused concussions, for Tommy internal bleeding. We found out almost too late," Jayse explains further.

"Then Rueton's little test caused Tommy to become too active too soon. He started bleeding again, setting his rehab back," Kadance says angrily.

Jayse laughs, "Yeah, he was bed rest for days afterwards and only now starting to walk any length again and that's with a walker."

Dall whistles, "I bet that's going over well."

Kadance smiles cynically, "Not. He's becoming an absolute bear."

"Anyone I know?" Tommy asks coming up to them.

"Tommy, you move just as silent in that chair as you do on your feet," Kadance says startled.

Tommy smirks, "That's the idea. Who's the bear?"

"You," Jayse says smugly, "you're a bear."

"A cute cuddly one," Tommy says to Kadance.

Kadance just rolls hers eyes, "See Dall, what I'm subjected to everyday?"

"Hah, you wouldn't have it any other way and you know it," Tommy replies. "Besides, it makes life funner that way."

"Funner isn't a word Tommy," Kadance says patiently.

"Sorry, boss, the way I see it, you wanted this so you get no sympathy from me." Dall says opening the conveyance door. Kadance shakes her head as she climbs in after Jayse. Tommy climbs in after Kadance. Sandlee folds the chair up and places it with the luggage and the twins wait for her to climb in before they climb in as well. Once every one is in Dall closes the door and goes to the drivers seat.