16a

"Everything is fine. I don't see any problems. However, it looks to be several babies, six maybe more. They're making a huge drain on your body. I'll be increasing your vitamin dosage accordingly. Also your iron levels are dangerously low so I want you to take an iron supplement as well, get it in liquid form and take it in juice. I think you will quickly see an improvement in your energy levels. Also eat something every couple of hours, that will help with the nausea the most. Lots of liquids, juices for the sugar energy they can give you and the other nutrients. Your husbands tell me that you aren't eating much, this will help. Don't push too hard, and keep from as much stress as you can. That'll be hard with your job I know, but try." The doctor says to Kadance.

Then she turns her attention to the men listening intensively. "Don't let her do too many stressful activities, but she's not a fragile porcelain doll either. You don't need to coddle her and wrap her up. I imagine that she'll go berserk if you do or even try. Give her room to breathe. She's carrying more babies than we normally do. She'll need more Doctor appointments, every two weeks and as she progresses even more frequently. Personally I think you should keep a medic on your team, but seeing as how she's a nurse it'll be up to her. Nurses make almost as bad a patient as doctors do. If anythings happens take her to a medic. I do consider her high risk, make sure the medic understands this."

She turns back to Kadance, "I know you're not happy with what I'm telling them, but they need to know, not only are they the babies' fathers and your husbands they are your body guards. They need to know what to expect. Please think about adding a doctor to your team. It's not often we get women carrying six or more babies. If it was up to me I'd ground you and keep an eye on you myself. But I don't have that authority." Kadance keeps her mouth shut with difficulty.

"Your job is important, but I'd stress no more trips after six months, you'll be highest risk at that point. Find a planet and stay there until after the babies are born and all are cleared for takeoff again. If possible have your work come to you as much as possible." So saying the doctor writes her script and gives it to Jayse as well as send it in electronically so it would be valid at any pharmacy in the warrior society. She then leaves the room and Kadance gets dressed.

While she gets dressed Jayse states flatly, "We're getting you a medic." Kadance looks over at him and then Tommy and sighs. When their faces are like that, set in stone she knows better than to try to argue with them.

She sighs, she knows that she is out gunned on this. She knew it the moment the doctor mentioned getting a doctor on the team. "Then find me one before it's time to leave and I have the ultimate say in whether or not she stays. Or he, although I am definitely partial to having a female doctor. I will not have a doctor that I cannot stand. If I don't like the choice then they will be off on the next planet."

Kadance looks at the young doctor sitting across from her, studying her and being studied in return. "So why would you want to sign on with me? Your references are excellent, you could get full time work anywhere you wish. Why would you want to babysit just myself?"

Doctor Kelan replies, "I've seen death, and dismemberment from the war to last me the rest of my life. I myself have given the final grace to more soldiers than I care to remember. Hospitals care for the wounded, I want to be there to help bring in lives to this world."

Kadance waves that away, "So specialize in ob/gyn. Those aren't good reasons to want to babysit me. Give me the real reason."

Kelan sits forward, "Because you and your team give back lives. Lives that the war has taken away. Give suiciders a new direction, redliners jobs useful to their training. You build up those around you. You give people more life. I want to be a part of that."