22

Once they reach the ship they transport Tommy and Amgle to the Med Bay as quickly as possible. Jayse then escorts Kadance to their quarters and since Jayse is now as fully paranoid as Tommy he requests the captain to join them there.

"Thank you for coming Captain. Jayse here is a bit protective of me and with Tommy down he won't leave my side," Kadance apologizes to him.

"I understand ma'am, now will one of you tell me what is so important that I couldn't finish off that ship?" Landon is more than a little irritated about that.

Jayse nods to Candlen, "This sir." Jayse says as Candlen brings up the information on the room three d screen. "Only something like this would get me to risk Tommy's life." The captain reads the information and as he does so he blanches, sick at what it says. By the end he is swearing viciously.

"This is more important than anything, top priority for us all," Jayse says unhappily.

"Heavens help us," The captain says finally.

"All civilians in this sector and non essential warriors are being evac'd to their places of safety until the all clear is sounded. Even as we speak the civilians are being sent home to gather their families and belongings, warrior families the same. The creche has already been evac'd. This is going on for all the planets in this sector.

"Companies are being deployed to help do the fighting, but it will take time. I've already contacted training Camp and they're pulling in all outside maneuvers and canceling plans for any others all training there has been suspended. They are focusing now on setting up mines both above and below. Since they're training they'll set some lovely surprises for those buggers, but we'll still be heavily outnumbered."

The captain waves that away absently, "We're always heavily outnumbered. There's a difference between out numbered and stupendously out numbered, we are talking our end here." The captain doesn't say it but is thinking, 'like Sigma.'

This time it's Kadance that snorts, "If my small team could hold off and destroy a thousand of them we'll be fine against whatever they can send against us. No, Captain, I know how well the ground troops fight. My question, my worry is what about you fly boys? Two warships against how many of theirs? Are you able to handle those ships Captain or are the ground forces the only ones good?"

Stung the captain turns to her and retorts angrily, "We're as good as the ground troop. We keep enemy troops from landing and others companies from becoming another Sigma." The captain stops and swallows any further words and a heavy silence descends. He finds himself the unwanted center of attention with everyone staring at him in disbelief.

"You damn well better not be just boasting Captain. The last two members of Sigma will be down there with me. And what happened to Sigma wouldn't have happened if their warship had taken out the enemy." Kadance says in a soft deadly voice

"Sigma's death is long over. It's not just us you'll be protecting, it's our future. Don't fail us or the future, none of us have the luxury of being able to fail, not this time. Get together with the other Captain and make hit and run tactics, I won't tell you how to fight, just take out as many as you can." Jayse states flatly hiding his anger.

"Secure link from HQ for both of you," Candlen breaks the tense silence.

"Send it through," The captain says.

"Yes sir," Candlen patches through to the rooms screen taking down the shifter plans and replacing it with the face of a white face General.

"Sir!" Landon salutes.

"Landon, Jayse glad I was able to catch you together. Priority One, Jayse you guys were sent to deal with suiciders and chaos follows you. However, this information is critical. Had you not intercepted and decoded it the warrior society would be destroyed before we even knew it. Thank you, is your team safe now?" Reuton asks politely.