7d

Kadance is furious. She turns her back on Borden completely and turns her complete ire on Jayse. "This is how you got him here? You sent this to a suicider? What the hell Jayse? Are you trying to get us all killed?" She takes a deep breath and forcibly calms down after giving Jayse another killer look and turns back to Borden.

"I sincerely apologize sir. Had I known...I won't have you coerced into being a part of our team in any way. You are welcome to go without any marks against you." She looks at Tommy, "Please escort Lt. Cmdr. Borden back to his hotel. Then hurry back I'll need your help in finding someone else quickly," Tommy nods. He hides a smile at the dressing down she'd given Jayse. Not many people have the guts to do that.

Borden stands in confusion. "Wait a minute. You want a known suicider on your team? A team that's headed up by someone I thought should be court martialed for what happened to Sigma." The tension suddenly rises in the room. Borden speaks quickly, "I thought that until a few minutes ago." The tension didn't lessen appreciably. Borden sighs, "Look, I've always admired Sigma. I've wanted to join them for years. So when they were killed I was angry and very disappointed. But I know that what happened wasn't your fault Jayse. I read the reports and it's full of crap. Sigma's gone against worse odds and survived. Command isn't telling everything that happened. After seeing you in action just now, I have no doubt that you did everything that you could to save Sigma. That you think I'm good enough to serve with you on this team...whatever this team is it's an honor."

Jayse nods his head in acceptance of the apology.

Kadance smiles, "I'm not entirely sure myself if we're, okay I'm crazy, but I'll actually feel safer having diffused time bombs on my team than anyone else."

Tommy pipes up, "Of course you're crazy Kadance, we all are. You just haven't seen how crazy we can be. Of course you've got more nerve than anybody I've ever met before."

Kadance smiles and walks closer to Borden. She looks at him and then frowns in confusion. She studies him and the violence flares in his eyes once more. "Where's your shadow?" She looks over at Tommy, "Tommy?" Tommy takes off immediately looking for Borden's shadow. Jayse moves to stand in front of Kadance which annoys Kadance a great deal.

Just as Kadance is about to say something gunfire is heard outside on the streets. The sound is enough to set off Borden. Jayse had been waiting for just such of move though. He catches the knife almost immediately but has a hard time stopping it. Finally he manages with the knife only inches from his heart.

Kadance is furious but not so much at Borden. She orders, "Stand down Lt. Cmdr. Stand down." He can't refuse the order and tone of authority. Shuddering the fire dies down in his eyes and he let's Jayse take the knife. Kadance turns on him and starts reading him the riot act just like she had Jayse when Jayse almost killed the civilian. And she leaves him no more ground to stand on than she had Jayse. By the time she's done Borden's head is hanging down in shame and Tommy is coming in the room with the wounded man.

Borden is clearly transfixed by Kadance. He goes to follow her as she goes over the the wounded man. Jayse steps in front of him, "Only if she invites it Borden. I had a hand shape bruise on my face for over a week from her when I took liberties. I'll be more direct." And there was a great deal of menace in Jayse's voice as he said that. Borden swallows and sits back down on the hard chair. He holds his hands up to show his peaceful intent.

Kadance directs Tommy to put the wounded man on the table where she could get a better look at him. "I had to shoot him to disarm him. It was only at the last second that I remembered that I needed to pull my shot. I'm not sure how bad it is." Tommy explains as he gently lays down the wounded warrior on the old table. Jayse joins her there.