46

"We need more female warrior's here. There aren't very many and most that are here prefer women," Baron hears Kadance tell Lighten as she enters. "That was all well and good when Luna Two was a sink hole. Now that the suiciders are dealt with and my holdings cleaned up we need more of a female presence. There's a company's worth of prime warriors not helping to make more warriors."

"Their seed is on file, you know that," Lighten says trying to not be overcome by the landslide that is Kadance.

"I may know that, but it doesn't mean they should continue without female companionship. If they were civies I'd ship out female colonists. I want families, kids here. I realize the kids would be shipped out to Camp II when they are old enough, but until then I want Luna Two changed from what it is now to family. Make it happen Lighten. Some of these men have been without female companionship for over a decade. I won't have them starting fights over the few females willing. Nor will I have them putting pressure on Baron."

"Peace Kadance, no one will force me." Baron turns to Lighten, "Tanker thinks highly of Admiral Jannsen. It's tactically sound to relocate females here. Perhaps make this one of the genetics places. Jannsen will see this, you're Intel you should see this as well."

"It's too well known to the shifters. It's isolated," Lighten protests.

"It's known to the shifters as a sinkhole of depravity. Where a female was being raped with impunity while her people weren't even aware of her being here. They are aware of your presence already. It's a safe bet. Do the changeover," Baron says quietly commanding.

Lighten surprised but pleased by this change says, "Very well, I'll fight for it."

"No need to fight for it, Lighten. Just do it. Before we leave tomorrow," Kadance orders.

"Might as well, she gets what she wants anyway," Jayse says in amusement. Baron is emulating Kadance and becoming a force of nature in her own right and he finds it hilarious.

"First thing tomorrow," Lighten says defeated.

"Make sure you do. I'll have Tanker organize things with you. Now I'm exhausted, I'm off to bed," Kadance says. She looks sharply at Baron, but Baron just shakes her head. Kadance gives her a look that promises that they'll talk tomorrow.

"Baron, your things are on their way. The men that kidnapped you are executed. Here's the manifest of what was left of your things," Lighten says as Baron handing her his comset that showed the manifest as Baron enters the com room the next day.

"Jannsen is sending out females?" Kadance demands entering the room.

"Yes, when he heard Tanker was now in charge here he couldn't be happier to send females here. He's sending some of the females from Camp. He wants a creche started here so some of the pregnant females will be coming too. They'll be here in a couple of weeks. He wants a genetics lab set up. A big one, and he wants it ready by the end of the month."

Kadance smiles nastily, "That's warrior business. Does he want to hire my people to prepare the genetics lab and the creche? We'll give a good rate."

At Lighten's resigned acceptance Kadance smiles happily. She gets on her comm, "Tanker, yes I have a big job, well two big jobs for you and our boys. High Command in their wisdom want to place a creche and a large genetics lab here. We have two weeks for the creche and a month for the lab. Think you can do it?"

"You are a force of nature. If I tell my men females are coming they'll have a whole city built by the end of the month," Tanker says with animation.

"Start with rooms in the creche and genetics lab for the females. There's at least," Lighten holds up 6 fingers, "Six  females, that many looking to do the ceremony and six already pregnant. There's several post pregnancy-eight, that will be working the creche. Looks like ten that will be working the genetics lab. Oh, beautiful, there's a dozen coming to work for me at Holdings. I'll send you their bio's.

"So how does forty-two females sound," Kadance says ingeniously.

"Kadance for that many females the men will do anything you want, even the women. What jobs are the Holdings females doing?" Tanker asks a bit miffed that they are transferring in without his authorization.

"Looks like some secretarial, some logistics, various. I'm sure you'll find the best placement for them. Well gotta go. Don't worry about sending us off. We'll be leaving soon. Best of luck," Kadance says then cuts the link.

Kadance looks over to Baron who sighs and goes to Kadance's room. She'd hoped that Kadance had forgotten. She makes herself comfortable on the bed as Kadance finishes packing. She's fascinated by the box that doesn't seem to fill up no matter how much stuff Kadance puts into it.

"Baron? Baron? Hello?" Kadance breaks Baron's entrancement with the boxes.

Baron blushes and begins to tell Kadance about what happened the night before. Kadance listens intently even stopping her packing at times to clarify a point. When she gets to the kiss Baron blushes even more and Kadance 's look becomes even sharper. "You were fine while you kissed him? No panic attacks or anything like that?" Kadance wants to make sure she has things correct, Baron nods.

"As long as I had his scent around me, I was fine. When he touched my face," here she pauses a bit. "It was pure pleasure. Pure and simple pleasure, just from his touch on my face. It's crazy but, I felt cared for, and I wanted more."

Kadance gives up all pretense of packing at this point. "I'm no councilor, but it sounds like you're doing well. Just don't push it, let it come naturally okay?" Kadance is pleased.

"I won't push, but I did like his arms around me," Baron says smiling softly.

"Kadance, we're staying. Landon was called into action, so was Alpha. We're here for at least two weeks," Jayse says in irritation coming into the bedroom.

"Okay, thanks love," Kadance says smiling. She starts unpacking. "Looks like we're staying, for at least two weeks."

"Oh, thank goodness," Baron breaths out. "I wasn't looking forward to sleeping without all you around me."

"You are of course welcome to stay with us, but your apartment will be ready soon. You might find you'll want the privacy," Kadance says with a slight smile. "We are, after all a noisy, nosy bunch."

"Yes, but it makes me feels safe. None of them would hurt me or let anyone past to get to me," Baron says.

"All true, it's very reassuring at times and very frustrating at other times. Sometimes they're downright claustrophobic. A bunch of bloody mother hens, and I'm just referring to my husbands. You add the others in and it's impossible sometimes," Kadance jokes.

"I can certainly see what you mean," Baron says.