12

"NO! NO Tommy!" Kadance screams as a red spot blooms on Tommy's head and he falls before her. The chaos and noise fade. She turns in horror to see Jayse go down before her eyes. "No! Jayse!" She turns to look at the shifter standing before her. It reaches for her. "No, no, no." She screams.

"Shhh, Kadance. Shh, it's me Tommy. Shh, it's okay. Hush now. Shh." Kadance opens her eyes, but at first is unseeing. But then she sees Tommy without the extra hole in his head.

"Oh thank goodness," She says before the sobs take over. "I thought they killed you and Jayse." She manages to get out between sobs. Tommy holds her and comforts her the best he can. After a bit she settles down and falls back asleep in his arms.

"Tommy when you're not on guard duty I want you to design a uniform for our team. I want the uniform similar to but not the same as the armed forces. I want a hat or some other type of headgear that covers your forehead. All of it is to be made out of body armor. Design a patch to reflect who we are redliners/suiciders. I want standard and formal uniforms two sets per person, before we leave Jandin.

"Second, I want a similar uniform, different color to reflect general security for Dunworthy holdings. Design a patch to reflect them as redliners." Kadance says the next morning after breakfast.

"All uniforms are to be made out of body armor. No arguments will be tolerated. Make it happen Tommy. If you can make that bloody dress I had to wear out of body armor you can certainly do the same for all the uniforms. Also make sure that along with their personal toys, each man whether my core security or Dunworthy Security is given the latest in laser pistols. I want the best available. For my team it comes from my trust money. For the others it comes from Dunworthy Holdings. Talk to Rackem. Get it done. I want my team in uniform within 24 hours after planet fall."

"Yes, Kadance." He says but hesitates. He loves a challenge.

"Tommy, you have a question?" she asks.

"What about Dest? Do I order the uniforms for him and Dall?" Tommy asks.

Kadance slumps her shoulders. "I hope Dest will still be with us. I'll be working with him today. The next few days will be telling. But as for right now I don't know. I haven't found his trigger. As for Dall make two sets of one set casual and another formal for both the security and for our team. He'll need both. At least for now he will. Also prepare about 100 kits for search and rescue. Make sure they have the best available in weapons and other things. Everything for my team and for Dunworthy Holdings Security must be the best. If Briggs kicks up a fuss patch him through to me."

"Yes, Kadance!" Tommy is really excited about this project. "I'll send Jayse in with Dest. I hope you can help him. He'll definitely be an asset to our team."

"How so Tommy? I know you've probably told me before but tell me again what his specialty is."

Tommy is surprised, he truly thought Kadance knew already. "Why it's intelligence gathering. But it could just as easily be demolitions or scouting or well anything. He is a truly gifted warrior."

"So what redlined him?" Kadance asks intrigued.

Tommy shrugs and says, "It's not in his files. Sometimes very highly sensitive areas aren't listed. He saw something he's not allowed to talk about."

"My papers give me top clearance don't they?" Kadance asks thinking out loud.

"I'll need clarification for that part, but I believe so." Tommy replies lost in his own thoughts.

"Fine send Jayse and Dest in and get Rueton online no excuses. Have Jayse and Dest wired into my call. I'll be taking it on my com unit. This time bomb needs to be diffused." Kadance says determinedly. Tommy nods and heads out the door. Once he's gone Kadance sits with her head in her hands.