36a

Kadance is laying on the bed crying silently. Jayse helps Tommy walk to the bed then goes to the other side. "Go away. I just want to be alone," Kadance says listlessly.

Jayse tenderly wipes away her tears and brushes her hair out of her eyes. "Kadance, Stefi, we're sorry. We didn't mean to make you feel bad. To us you are beautiful, always. Your pregnancy just makes you even more beautiful. Knowing you're carrying my kids drives me wild."

"Me too, feeling the baby move like that was incredible. Stefi, you're carrying little ones inside of you and that thought blows me away. We've always thought you special, you know that. Our team out there are half in love with you and there isn't anything they or we wouldn't do for you. You make Jayse and me wild," Tommy continues, "not because of looks but because of who you are."

Kadance shivers from their touch and she looks at them in desperation, "Please..."

Then she can't speak. "Please what Stefi?" Jayse asks

"Don't. Kill. Each. Other." She manages to gasp out.

"This isn't about us Stefi. This is about you love," Tommy says gruffly.

"It's not possible." Borden says jaw dropping. "Those are sounds of pleasure, but I'm not hearing them trying to kill each other." All the team looks towards the door in amazement.

"Impossible," Lighten says his jaw dropped open like Borden's.

The twins are the only ones not paying attention to their aunt. They are fully absorbed in their work.

When Tommy comes out an hour later freshly showered, he comes out to a stunned silence. He ignores everyone and wheels over to the twins. "Well cubs, report." As the twins report on what they've done and learned, Jayse comes out freshly showered as well.

"It's just not possible, not unless I've misjudged sexual orientation," Borden says. He swallows hard as Tommy's knife goes flying through the air landing not not far from him.

"Neither of us enjoy other men," Tommy says harshly. "You insult me, Jayse and Kadance."

"Peace Tommy, he meant no disrespect. Before today I would've said it was impossible as well." Jayse says calmly. He retrieves Tommy's knife. "Landon's not going to be happy about you putting this hole in his metal support. You're going to need to sharpen this knife," Jayse says throwing the knife back to Tommy.

Tommy continues to stare at Borden as he reaches up and grabs his knife. He throws it back at Borden. It lands on the table in front of him. "Take it Borden. Keep it. Remember what words not well thought out can mean." When Borden doesn't move Tommy barks out, "Take it!" Borden reaches out and takes the knife. He looks very pale.

"Jayse and I were able to be with Kadance without fighting each other this time, but it tested us to our limits. Anyone else want push their luck?" Tommy growls out.

Suddenly, everyone is busy doing something. Jayse throws Tommy a chastising look. Jayse takes some food from Maren and returns to Kadance. Tommy's eyes follow him half haunted half hungry. Suddenly, Maren stands in front of him with food for him. "Thank you."

Maren leaves the room with Marks following her, throwing Tommy a quick look over his shoulder.

"Was that necessary?" Jax asks innocently.

Tommy swallows his food and replies, "Was what necessary?"

"That little knife show," Jade replies, "it was really cool. But was it really necessary?"

Tommy sighs and turns to face the twins, "Have you two ever wanted the same girl?"

The twins look sheepishly at each other. "Oh, you both go after the same girl. Look you remember the ceremony?" The twins nod, "How'd you feel as she came into the room?"

"Took me to the edge of my self control. After she was with Jade I almost lost it completely," Jax says.

"I felt the same way after she was with Jax," Jade says.

"That's why you're not supposed to share. And that's how Jayse and I feel about your Aunt without the tablet. That we were able to be there together was probably the most difficult test of self control Jayse and I have ever been through. And if anyone died it would have been me. I'm very aware of that. Do you remember when I almost died back at Camp? What happened to Jayse, to your Aunt? What do you think would happen if Jayse killed me?" Tommy demands.

The twins turn pale. "Part of your training is to see these things without being walked through." Tommy says sighing. "When Borden made that comment, it rubbed against already strained control."

"I'm damn lucky to be alive you mean," Borden says coming up to Tommy. "He was right, I know better and I'm sorry Tommy. I should have kept my mouth shut." Borden looks at the knife in his hands, then looks at the boys. "If it was anyone else I'd be sporting this somewhere in my body. Tommy and Jayse have more self control than any other warrior I've ever met."

"But we're not perfect," Tommy says. "It's forgotten Borden. Just keep your mouth shut next time." Borden hefts the knife a few times.

Borden looks at Tommy again, "Thank you for missing Tommy. This is a damn fine knife. I'll replace it." Tommy just waves him away.

"It's important to stay clear headed even during loss of control. You didn't remain in control, but you did remain clear headed. You recognized that you can't kill Borden without serious problems," Jade says in wonder.

"The loss of control was the knife throw, but you know what would happen to the team with his death so you controlled the throw enough to miss," Jax expounds.

"Yes," Tommy says, "very good."

"Your loss of control was very short, almost instantly you regained control," Jax continues. "How?"

"Practice, practice, practice, every waking hour." Sandlee says coming up to the group. "I'm told he's what's called a controlled suicider. Not many can do that, it takes too much energy to control yourself that well. He takes his suicidal tendencies and relocates them to other goals, such as walking again without aid. Hacking into secured military systems, warding scans and missiles at the weapons training fields." Tommy smiles self consciously as Sandlee continues, "that's why he's so good. Now I need to borrow your teacher for a few minutes."