11f

"As head of Dunworthy Holdings I'll be going over all records. Or at least my team of experts will. All assets have been frozen pending investigations. As investigations of book work is completed the assets will be released. I realize that will affect payroll. They are of the highest priority and have the most people working on it. Most if not all paychecks will be sent out on time. My team has already gone over several accounts and released assets. They have however, uncovered several irregularities in several locations. These irregularities will be investigated. Investigations have already been started on all Board members and other key personnel. Some have been fired and are held on charges. We have already started looking for their replacements. Since there are several investigations underway and we expect more, we will be unable to release any records that might be connected to any case. After court proceedings are finished records will be released.

"All crimes will be prosecuted. I know my uncle was corrupt and he corrupted many people. But I will not accept that. My father believed in being honest and good in his dealings. I will work to restore that to the company. Towards that end all claims for redress will be investigated and redress will be given to the best of our ability. We are aware that for some there can never be sufficient redress. We sorrow with the victims," Kadance has to stop and take a breath. "I and my sister were victims to our uncle's crimes as well. That shames me more than you will ever know." Kadance looks up, "I know there are many out there that think that I'm just saying words. That I'm lying.

"Let me tell you, I don't lie. I hate being around liars. Many wrongs we will find out in our investigations, but we might not find them all. I have my lawyers set up to listen to all complaints. They are expected to work out what they feel is sufficient recompense. If you are a victim and we don't contact you, you are free to contact the head office and give them your information. If you feel the amount of reparations isn't sufficient feel free to contact the new CEO of the company.

"Ladies and gentlemen it shames me the direction my uncle has taken this company. My parents opposed him and that's why he had them killed. He knew my sister and I would oppose him that's why he tried to have us killed. It's time for this company to get back on track and to do so there will be a zero tolerance policy on all criminal behavior.

"My nephews and I are members of the Warrior Society. As such we have other duties that will keep us from running the company. Our holdings will remain for the most part run by civilians. One of the changes will be the new CEO is a retired warrior named Briggs. He will appoint to his staff those among civilians and warriors as he sees fit. I have full confidence in him. Also the auditing staff are all former intelligence warriors. And they are very good at their jobs.

"And finally and perhaps the biggest change, all security personnel will come from retired Warriors. I'll be augmenting all security on all the planets where we have holdings I'll be doing extensive traveling for my duties for the society and will feel better knowing I can count on my personnel there. All those that will therefore lose their jobs to the ex soldiers and other warrior personnel will either be retrained in something else or retired or of course they are free to work elsewhere.

"It has come to my attention that some of the colony planets are under hardship conditions right now, due to illness, shifter raids and/or complete incompetence of my uncle's reign. Relief is being sent out even as we speak. I have not forgotten you. Thank you all for coming any questions concerning the business will be answered by Colonel Briggs. Sir," Kadance says gesturing to the podium as she steps down. Once she's out of camera range she wipes her face off with the back of her hand.

"You did great Aunt." Jax says picking her up in a giant bear hug.

Kadance can only say "Oomph" as all her air is squeezed out of her. Just as he lets her down and she gasps for air Jade picks her up and gives her another bear hug.

When she finally has a chance to get her breath back she gasps out, "You two don't know your own strength. I'm going to have bruises all around my ribs."

"Then they'll fit right in with the one from the bullet from the other night." Jayse teases coming up to her. "I sent Tommy off to get some more sleep. And the others are busy what do you want to do?"

Kadance sees the wicked look come into the twins' eyes and is fascinated to see that their faces remained angelic looking. "Why Jayse, we need to practice our melee. Someone told us that you're out of practice and slow. But if you're up to it we're sure you can still handle us." Jade says.

"Slow huh?" Jayse says. "I am, how about I take you both on at the same time?" Jayse asks innocent in return. Kadance is sure that this is something Tommy cooked up probably in return for something the boys did. But for whatever reason she had no intention of ruining anyone's fun.

Well, okay maybe she would dampen their fun. "Boys no knives or other weapons. Body parts only. And if you can't keep it nice than you better move it to the stables out of sight of the press. That and there is less breakables in there. Even better use the corral. A ready made ring and the only thing you can break is the fence which you will then fix." They all nod and work their way down to the corral. Jayse stays tight at her side, but the boys slip away easily. Kadance keeps getting stopped by people wanting to talk to her. Jayse helps her get away when they wouldn't take her hints about needing to be elsewhere. In all it takes her more than ten minutes to make her way to the corral.

By the time they reach the corral the boys have already warmed up and are waiting for Jayse rather impatiently. "Hold on boys. Your Aunt wasn't taught how to ghost and wasn't able to leave as easily as you two. It took us all this time to get here. Since you left us on our own it's your own fault that you now have to wait for me to warm up." Jayse lectures even as he starts his own warm up. His words didn't even phase the two. They just kept themselves warm until Jayse signaled that he was ready.

Kadance watches entranced as they fight. They are like poetry in motion. She had only seen one other fight and that was when Jayse fought Tommy. Seeing Jayse against her nephews once more brings her to awe. The twins are able to hold Jayse off. Barely. Jayse just seems to flow like water. He flows away when the twins try to attack and flows forward when he attacks.

Somehow the twins manage to hold him off for an hour, Kadance suspects that Jayse was holding back. She remembers how fast he moved with Tommy and he wasn't moving nearly that fast with them.

Jade mistimes a strike and ends up overextending. Jayse takes advantage and takes him down. Shortly after that he has Jax down as well. Both boys are breathing hard and Jayse has barely broken a sweat.

"Thanks boys for the workout it was fun." He says as he extends a hand to help each boy up. "You know you shouldn't always believe what people tell you. Especially when it comes to their fighting abilities. You should always check out your possible opponent and learn their weakness before engaging them."

Jade and Jax give him an embarrassed smile, "Yes, sir."

Jade says, "We were truly looking forward to joining Sigma Company. When we heard what happened..."

"We were glad you survived sir. I'm ashamed to say we weren't very good company for some time after Sigma died." Jax picks up where Jade ends.

Jade continues, "We felt like we lost our Company. We knew we hadn't been officially assigned...."

"But it was where we wanted to go and we knew you had requested us." Jax finishes. "We were honored."

"Sigma would have been a better company with you two in it, if things had worked out." Jayse says quietly pain still evident deep in his eyes.

"Thank you sir. We want to thank you for recommending us to Alpha Company. It's not as good as Sigma was but it's the best there is now." Jade says without guile or trying to cause pain.

"And we thank you for letting us meet the Alpha Commander. He told us about our father. Knowing that is worth more than all this." Jax says gesturing at the estate.

"There are many treasures hidden in many ways in our lives. Money isn't one of them. I'm glad you've learned that already." Jayse says pleased as he claps the boys on their backs. He steers them out of the corral. "But once in awhile it sure doesn't hurt to have either. Now go shower."