9i

Tommy looks around the room disparagingly. "You'd think that for someone with as much money as this would have better security. It was easier to get in here than it is to infiltrate the hospital I was just discharged from."

He had a hard time keeping his anger under control. This man is a monster and the urge to kill him is almost overwhelming. It's only the thought of what they have planned tomorrow night that makes it possible to control himself.

Kadance enters the room and sees her team all clustered around the monitors watching someone professionally toss a room. She realizes that it's Tommy about the same time he speaks. His snide little comments made her snort. There was very little security at the hospital at least where he was.

Her snort of derision alerts the rest of the team to her presence. Jayse hurries over to her and pulls her away from the monitor. She looks at him. "Promise me he's not taking any chances."

Jayse looks at her and promises her, "He's not taking any unnecessary chances. I promise. Besides," Jayse's snort of derision closely resembles that of Tommy's. "The security your uncle has wouldn't stop a flea. Tommy could leave easily enough even if they walk in on him. Even when I know he's there and in plain sight I've had a hard time seeing him if he doesn't want to be seen."

Kadance believes him but she can't help but worry. "What he's doing is necessary. The biggest problem he'll have is not killing your uncle should he be unfortunate enough to enter while Tommy is still there."

"Jayse, I found something." Tommy says just as Jayse finishes speaking to Kadance. "Hard evidence that he had Kadance's parents killed and he was behind the explosion at Kadances apartment." His voice is quiet and implies that there's more.

"I hear you Tommy." Jayse says speaking into his communicator. Then he turns to Kadance who hadn't heard Tommy speak since Jayse was wearing an earpiece.

Kadance looks at Jayse expectantly. "That was Tommy he found part of what we were looking for. Now please Kadance let us finish this without ruining the fun. Tommy will be back soon and if he finds you waiting up for him he'll feel like you don't trust him. Now go to sleep and we'll watch over him. I promise." Jayse kisses her forehead and sends her off to bed.

Kadance looks back once but Jayse was already back at the monitors watching Tommy work. Sighing in defeat Kadance returns to her bed. She didn't think she'd be able to sleep before Tommy got back and would have been surprised at how easily she fell asleep if she hadn't fallen asleep almost as soon as her head hit her pillow.

Later on she hears a voice and feels someone shaking her. "Shh, Kadance it's alright. Wake up." As she opens her eyes she realizes that she's been crying and is sweat soaked. That's when she realized that she'd been dreaming again. Nightmares about all the people killed by her uncle trying to get to her.

"They're dead, so many are dead because of me." Kadance cries out in anguish. Jayse pulls her into his arms and holds her as she cries out her grief of the innocent lives ended by her uncle.

Once her sobs had softened and she calmed down a bit Jayse speaks, "No, Kadance, it was never your fault that anyone died. Just the opposite in fact. But your uncle on the other hand, it is his fault and soon the worlds will know it." Jayse's voice hardens on the last bit.

Kadance is unable to see reason at this time and shakes her head. "No, it's my fault. Jayse, I can't do it, I can't. I can't go to that blasted reception and face him." She shakes in his arms from panic.

Jayse holds her tight for awhile until her shaking stops then he pulls back a bit so that she could see him. "If you don't go you'll ruin the lovely surprise we've been working on. I promise you, you won't want to miss it." The light is too dim for Kadance to see clearly but the smile on Jayse's face is positively evil looking. This time she shivers in fear.