20

"Kadance, we've found several things that need to come to your attention. The president of Dunworthy Holdings here on Planex is neck deep in illegal activities. File after file lists things you've banned and it goes back years. There's several board members here implicated as well." Tommy, Candlen, Rackem, and Jayse each show Kadance the various list and proofs of the items they uncovered. Trader steps up and his words stop everyone in their tracks and they give him horrified looks.

"He's found a way to work with the shifters. There's evidence to back this up."

All talk in the room is suspended. Disbelief and horror fill the room. "He's given them information on troop movements, colony planets, you name it."

"How'd he get some of that information? Troop movements at least are classified," Rackem says sick.

Kadance is shaking in fury, "And what did he get in return?"

Trader hesitates to say seeing the reaction his words have induced already, but at her watchful stare he says, "The vampire parasite, he planted it."

"Kadance he's committed the highest form of treason," Tommy says in a very sick voice.

Jayse doesn't say anything he just heads to the door. "No, Jayse." Kadance stops him and he whirls around in anger to face her. "He's a traitor to both societies. He's a social terrorist, his death won't be enough." Kadance raps out working hard to control her own anger. "Are there any active duty warriors still here?"

Candlen nods unable to speak for the horror of what they found. "Get them online. He'll need to be taken into custody in a secure facility. It will need to be secure from warriors and civilians both. He will be tried in a warrior court. Present all our evidence to whoever is in charge of the warrior people here.

"I want all those involved to be arrested. I want all those involved with any illegal dealings to be arrested. The normal," here Kadance chokes on the word, "illegal dealings will be handled by the civil court. I want this done tonight.

"Once everyone is in custody set up a news conference. I'm not going to hide this, this is too big and I want everyone to know just what is going on." Kadance turns her haunted eyes towards Jayse's furious gaze. "Dunworthy Holdings caused this."

Jayse can't tolerate the pain he sees on her face and his own ire cools down. He goes to her and holds her in his arms, "No, that rat bastard betrayed all humans by working with the shifters, the enemy. It was because of you that his crimes have been brought to light, Dunworthy will not be held accountable for this. You stopped the parasite before it wiped most of us out. Taking this to the authorities exonerates you and Dunworthy Holdings and fully condemns him and the others."

Everyone jumps into action with grim determination. Tommy, Amgle, and Trader all leave silently. They're going to make sure the man is arrested and kept safe. They know what sentence will be given. After the trial they fully intend to be the ones to give it. If Kadance will allow them to come back.

"Mr. Heath was arrested last night by warrior authorities. This, after evidence of his betraying both the warrior and civilian societies to the shifters. Evidence was uncovered after all Dunworthy employees were investigated. Those not arrested last night are found free of guilt and corruption. However, Mr. Heath was found to have disclosed military movements, colony planet locations and perhaps the most damning of all receiving in payment the parasite that recently swept through many of our planets, killing thousands, even wiping out whole colonies.

"I, personally hold Mr. Heath responsible for those deaths, the deaths of many warriors and thousands of others due to his traitorous actions. Warrior society holds court in these matters. At this time a court will be set for later today. The penalty for treason has always been death, all through history it has been so. However, this is the first time it's happened with this war. Until I saw the evidence I didn't even think it was possible. If the court finds him guilty he will be executed."