28a

"Dest your presence is required inside now," Kadance commands.

"Yes, ma'am," Dest responds stretching as he walks through the doors.

"Kadance tells me you're taking responsibility for my injuries," Tommy accuses Dest as he enters.

Dest in surprise stops short. He smiles broadly, "You're awake!"

"Yes, I'm awake. Do you take responsibility for my injuries?" Tommy says irritably.

Cautious now Dest replies, "Yes, sir. I believe it was my poppers that caused your internal injuries."

"It wasn't." Tommy says as he moves position. "At least not fully. I was too close to too many bangs. Should have stayed put when my ribs started hurting. It was my fault for not staying put." Tommy gives up in disgust. Kadance comes over and helps lift Tommy up, then places pillows behind him for support. "I was too happy to be ghosting again and didn't want to listen. I wasn't ready to continue my ghosting duties." Tommy says slightly out of breath. "Broke the ribs, ignored what I was told." Tommy closes his eyes for a minute. Then he stares at Dest. "I don't allow anyone to take responsibility for my actions. Do I make myself clear?" Tommy barks out.

"Yes, sir!" Dest replies.

"Good. Now how about getting Meran down here with her magical food. They tell me I haven't eaten in days and I'm starving. And so are these two even if they won't say anything," Tommy says in dismissal.

"Right," Dest says and leaves quickly.

"Kadance where are my toys?" Tommy asks plaintively.

"Nearby, but you can't have them until you can walk to them," Kadance says smugly. Tommy looks at her in horror.

"Not nice love. Tommy feels naked without his weapons," Jayse chides.

Kadance smiles, "Tommy is naked and he'll stay that way until he can walk to the shower, walk back and get dressed. He has less than three days to get moving." She turns from facing a stunned Tommy to giving Jayse a hard look. "And I don't want you slipping him any toys, Jayse," Kadance orders. "Or I'll have you stripped searched and confiscate your toys as well. Keep you both in here naked," She smiles wickedly. "Hmm, that's not a bad idea. Eye candy, that's what you both are. Delicious."

Tommy is outraged enough to try to get out of bed. Jayse refuses to move. "Not nice Kadance. My control isn't very good right now," Jayse says in a strained voice.

Tommy pauses panting, legs on the side, "You did that deliberately," he accuses.

"Of course. It worked didn't it?" Kadance says offhandedly.

"Oh my," Maren says wide eyed. She almost drops the food as she sees Tommy in his altogether.

"Kadance, get her out of here," Jayse orders through gritted teeth. That pulls Meran's attention to Jayse.

"Kadance now, please," Tommy pleads.

Kadance takes the food from Meran's hands and escorts her out. "Thank you for the food. I'll make sure they're dressed next time. Sorry about that."

"I'm not." Meran blushes, "No, I shouldn't have said that. Sorry. And I should have more control, I know they're off limits, but oh my heavens they're perfection."

Kadance is torn between amusement and smugness. "Yes, I know," smug wins.

"You're looking better now, Jayse." Kadance says as they finish eating. "Better than you have in days. After you shower and shave you won't look like a pirate anymore. You'll be back to my knight protector."