39

"Kelan," Dall says, "how about a trip into the countryside? I know this lovely spot with a waterfall and lake, large trees and a grassy area where we can eat."

"Sounds lovely but Tommy can't come," Kadance says sadly.

"Don't worry about me, Lady Faire. I'll stay here and keep an eye on the cubs. They're working on explosives again," Tommy says.

"Borden and Candlen are on com duty," Jayse says.

Borden laughs, "I don't mind. I like staying indoors."

"Candlen is off com in an hour so I'll need to stay as well," Rackem says. "But that's okay, I have a project I'm working on."

"It's no skin off my nose. I'll stay here no prob. Nice air conditioned comfort," Candlen says.

"Well okay if the lady's would care to join us it sounds wonderful," Kadance says.

Maren comes out carrying boxes of food. "It's fine with this lady. Dinner is packed, just needs help loading it up. I left enough for those staying here."

"We'll come," Kelan and Sandlee say.

The guys quickly grab the boxes of food and those leaving follow.

After dinner Maren, Dall and Marks go explore the waterfall. Kelan, Amgle and Dest go explore the other side of the lake. Sandlee, Mareton and Trader went looking at the wildflowers and birds.

"They paired off according to company," Kadance says reflectively.

Jayse smiles, "I wondered if you'd notice that. Come on it's hot, let's go swimming." Jayse removes his clothes quickly

Kadance gives a shocked laugh before doing the same. "What if they come back?" She says as she steps into the pleasantly cool water.

"They paired off for a reason Kadance. Remember I told you that women often expected to mate with brothers? That's what they'll be doing. What Tommy and I would be doing if he could've come."

Sometime later they lay side by side and Jayse has his hand on her abdomen. "Did Tommy really feel one of the babies move?" Jayse asks with yearning.

"Mm yes. He was leaning his face into my abdomen and I guess the baby didn't like that much. He/she punched. It wasn't hard but he felt it. They're active right now. But it's rather like a bunch of butterflies flying down there."

Jayse nuzzles her neck, a cool breeze comes up, "Time to get dressed love. Sun's going down and the others will be here soon."

Jayse reluctantly moves back and starts getting dressed. Kadance teasingly steals his shirt. She quickly dresses while Jayse is still looking for his shirt as the others come back.

"Nice Jayse, Kadance he's luscious," Sandlee says.

"I told you, very nice Jayse," Maren says.

"No wonder, you and Tommy are both very lovely," Kelan says.

The guys just make laughing remarks as they come up behind the females.

Jayse blushes, "Kadance snagged my shirt." He continues to look for his uniform, "Kadance please?!"

The men flank the women laying some claim.

"Help me up, you luscious man you," Kadance says laughing.

Jayse laughs embarrassed, "Come here." Kadance is pulled up quickly with his help. She whispers in his ear making him turn hotter than before. "Your shirt love," she says pointing to where she was sitting.

"Wait 'til we get back," Jayse warns as he whispers in her ear after he gets dressed.

"Down boy, everyone is going from relaxed to tense," Kadance says breathlessly. "That's going to have to wait until another time. I'm with Tommy tonight remember?"

"Oh, I remember next time you shouldn't tease like that. I still smell the interest of the women as does the team," Jayse whispers. "The men are becoming very edgy."

"Mm, maybe we should give them some time," Kadance says softly.

"Love to let them enjoy themselves some more," Jayse touches her. "But we have to get back."

"Surely we have another hour?" Kadance says breathlessly.

Jayse looks at the sun and then at Dall. "An hour?" Dall nods. "Okay people, Kadance wants another hour, go enjoy the sunset. Elsewhere."

They scatter quickly.

"About time you got back, boys went to bed an hour ago," Tommy teases. Jayse heads directly to his room as Kadance takes Tommy to his room, "What's wrong?"

"Jayse is all hot and bothered since the couples didn't bathe very well in the lake," Kadance replies.

Tommy hides a smile, "I see. If they washed like you no wonder he's hot and bothered." Tommy breathes in her scent as he talks. "Come here," Tommy pleads as he stands. Kadance enters his arms quickly. Her dress doesn't stay on long and her cries of pleasure are loud in the silence.

"Can we leave today Jayse?" Kadance asks yawning the next day.

"Tonight maybe, the boys are working on retrieving all info they can. Many of the Dunworthy files have been recovered. Personnel and payroll among them. You have time to rest if you like," Jayse says distracted.

"Oh, I think I will. Tommy and Borden are here. You care to join me?" Kadance asks. Jayse doesn't look like he'd slept either.

"Kadance, if I go in there it won't be to sleep," Jayse growls.

Kadance smiles, "I figured as much, you're wound way to tight. Come with me," she whispers something in his ear. He quickly follows her.

"Sleep Kadance, we'll be staying for several more hours," Jayse says kissing her as he gets up. "You are worn out. Tommy and I have been rough on you."

Kadance smiles caressing his face. "No, not rough, just in a great deal of need. But I am terribly tired," Kadance smiles as she falls asleep.

"Okay, everyone have a chance to explore?" Jayse asks.

"No," Tommy says disgruntled.

"Everyone besides Tommy?" Jayse asks laughing at Tommy's sour tones.

"Yes," they all chorus.

"Good, everyone get packed up we'll leave in four hours," Jayse says.

"Tommy how are the boys coming?" Jayse asks as everyone disperses.

"They're learning quickly, they dug pretty deep for those reports I gave them to do. They both made excellent replicas of the bomb, and made good time on diffusing it. Got their oral reports down pat," Tommy reports.

"So why are you so sour?" Jayse asks quietly.

"I'm frustrated by my being confined to this chair and using a walker. I want to be out moving, yet I'm still getting tired so damn quickly. It should be me guarding Kadance with you."

"We all guard Kadance; you're making wonderful strides to recovery. Just a few weeks ago you very nearly died and then had a relapse. Enjoy this time and get the teaching out of the way so when you are back you don't have to deal with it," Jayse counsels.

"Oh, I know, I'm just frustrated. You know I hate being confined indoors. I want to be ghosting again Jayse. Teaching the boys isn't all that hard but staying house bound is," Tommy says frustrated.

Jayse lays a comforting hand on his shoulder, "I know."