11a

The moment is stopped from becoming too heated when Tommy's voice comes over the com unit, "Jayse is Boss Lady there?"

Jayse curses under his breath for Tommy's timing then slyly gets back at him, "Yep, she made us breakfast and sent the others off to bed." Jayse smirks at Tommy's groan.

Kadance pushes on Jayse, "Not nice Jayse, not nice at all. Now let me talk to our Lady Faire please." Tommy says trying to keep his tone light and having a hard time doing so. Kadance holds out her hand for Jayse's com unit. Jayse sighs and hands it to her.

"Now hit the showers and bed. If it makes you feel better you can set the perimeter device. I'll monitor things out here. You look beat and need sleep. Now go." She kisses him to take the sting out of her words. He growls softly but sets the perimeter charge. He knows how to set it but only Tommy knows how to deactivate it. He silently heads off to bed. A shower right now is too much effort.

Once Jayse is off to bed Kadance turns back to the monitor and speaks to Tommy, "What's up Tommy?" Kadance says it tiredly, although she's gotten more sleep than either Tommy or Jayse she feels like she hasn't slept in days. She plops down in the chair facing the monitor rather than sitting in it.

"I thought you should know, your family home looks fine. The security isn't much and what there is is very outdated. It surprises me your father didn't install better security here. Anyway I'll take care of that. The house is cared for by an older couple and their daughter. It's clean, I mean it's not bugged or rigged. You can move in today if you wish. I'll put the rest of the team to work when you get here." Tommy's words act like a shock of energy to Kadance. Adrenaline starts pumping through her bringing her wide awake.

It takes a moment for Tommy's next words to work into her brain. "The old couple, they say you were a real scamp when you were younger. They're really excited to have you back. If you want I'll start on security measures here. Once everybody gets up pack 'em up and come home." Kadance's eyes fill with tears. She thought she'd never see her home again and now she can go back home. She can't speak because she's fighting the tears.

Tommy had expected a response and then looks at his vid monitor. "Oh, hey my lady Faire no need to cry." Tommy's voice turns soft and coaxing.

Kadance waves at him and shakes her head. Once she feels sufficiently under control she manages to speak, "Thank you Tommy. I just never thought I'd be able to go home again. I just never thought about it it was too sad for me. Thank you, Tommy, thank you. I miss you." Kadance says struggling with the tears.

"Hey, my lady, no need to miss me. You can talk to me while I work , how 'bout that?" Tommy says rather hopefully. He'd come here for her to give her back her home, but he missed her presence terribly. "That way we can keep each other company. Usually I work alone but I'd rather have you to talk to if you don't mind." His talk seems to do the trick and her tears dry up. Tommy lets out a silent sigh. Tears terrify him and Jayse. They'd do anything to keep from having to deal with her tears.

The next few hours fly by with Tommy gently teasing and flirting with Kadance. He loves to hear her laugh and tries to make her laugh as much as possible. Finally he says in all seriousness, "You know you need to make an official statement Kadance. Doing what we did last night was fine for the short term, but your uncle's death and the turning upside down of the company is going to cause some mass hysteria if they don't find out soon what's going to happen. You need to set up a press conference sooner rather than later to calm everyone."

"I've lived in the shadows for so long Tommy, I'm not sure that I can stand living in the spotlight. I truly am not able to run this company." Kadance says her joy drying up like a flower in a drought. She's lived too long controlling her emotions to let the fear show but Tommy knows and talks to her. In the end she reluctantly agrees to have Tommy set up a press conference for the next day.