50

"You're putting me in the hotel?" Kadance says as soon as she sees Jayse.

"I see Tommy's talked to you," Jayse says.

"Don't change the subject. Answer me," Kadance demands.

Sighing Jayse says, "Yes, while Tommy and the twins are doing a sweep of the grounds and house. They'll also be upgrading the perimeters."

"Then I'll be taking the lady's and go shopping," Kadance says.

"Kadance..." Jayse starts, but Kadance stops him.

"I have to do the baby shopping. One month, two at most before the babies will be here. There's definitely seven, possibly eight. There's absolutely no baby anything at the house. My parents bought new with each child and donated to staff or the needy when they were done with it. I refuse to buy online, I want to see what I'm buying for the babies, so deal with it," Kadance says.

"Fine, myself, Amgle, Dest, and Marks will go," Jayse says tiredly.

"No, you and Maren, Kelan and Sandlee, that's four. Plenty for a simple downtown shopping trip," Kadance retorts.

"Kadance," Jayse says irritatedly.

"No, Jayse. They won't like going in those stores. Kelan, Maren and Sandlee were chosen as much for their fighting abilities as their specialties. They'll do," Kadance says.

Jayse says, "Fine, but any sign of trouble we hightail it out of wherever."

"I just love watching her in action," Tommy says to himself, "beautiful."

"At least when it's not aimed at you?" Lighten says quietly.

"Always, but definitely when it's aimed elsewhere," Tommy says chuckling softly.

"Admiral Jannsen has agreed to your terms. A contract for you and one for Kadance have been sent to the lawyers," Lighten says.

"Good, it should be ready when I finish the house sweep. I'll also have a list for the next three classes. Classes will last about three weeks," Tommy says.

"Fine, thank you Tommy for not making me beg," Lighten says in a very sincere tone.

"I like you Lighten. You don't try to use your rank to obtain respect. You're smart, you use the intelligence you've been gifted with. Most importantly you asked and didn't order. Once you dared to face Kadance with the request and she accepted I was free to accept.

"But I'm not happy about it. In previous classes they acted like I didn't know what I was talking about or they were too busy hero worshiping to pay attention. I knew what would happen when I agreed to teach at Camp. Doesn't mean I'm happy about it," Tommy says quietly.

"I know, that's why I thank you for not making me beg. I would have. We need you desperately. Thank you," Lighten says.

"Don't thank me yet, we haven't had any classes yet," Tommy says as he goes to the twins.

"Briggs," Kadance says, "hello, how's life?"

"Kadance, you sure make life interesting. Finding and dispatching a whole sector's worth of traitors. This Baron and Tanker team have been busy," Briggs says.

"Good, they should be, that sector was a dark morass of filth and corruption. Baron should have upgraded all electronic security for the company," Kadance says.

"Yes, excellent job. I doubt there's anyone in the galaxy that could crack it," Briggs says happily.

"Tommy could, has actually. It's how we found Baron. But that's not why I called. Next week schedule a full board meeting. No excuses, unless they or their spouse is in the hospital. Families are invited, oh yeah, silly me. It's at my house. Make sure to let them know to bring swim suits and tennis shoes. Families can play around during our meeting. Then we'll all relax and enjoy the amenities. Doctor's orders, I have to rest as much as possible. My nephews should be there as well," Kadance says.