9d

"Honey, I'm home." Tommy says dramatically as he sweeps the door open. He finds himself face to face with several guns pointed at him.

"Now I know you all missed me, but this reception is a little over the top. Put the weapons away. I come bearing gifts." Tommy keeps the tone light and the others roll their eyes as they put their guns away.

"Watch who you call honey, Tommy." Borden mock growls and moves towards Tommy. He's a bit confused about where the so called gifts are since Tommy's hands are empty. Candlen and Rackem are also confused since Tommy was supposed to pick up their kits.

Playing along Tommy really over dramatizes his answer, "Oh the abuse." Then he turns back to a less dramatic tone, but still playful, "Well then I guess you don't want your gifts? I'll guess I'll just have to sneak back into Command and return 'em."

Kadance comes out at that time and smiles to see Tommy, "You do and you'll be in bigger trouble then you've ever been in before."

Now Tommy has gotten himself in and out of a lot of trouble over the years ending with the slap Kadance gave him last night. So he puts on a superior air and says, "Oh yeah? What are you going to do to me if I do?"

Kadance keeps her tone light but all playfulness has left her. She faces Tommy and gives him a look with eyes dead serious, "I'll kick you off my team."

Tommy nods his acknowledgement, but keeps up the lighthearted banter. "Oh dear, and here I brought you some lovely things." He says as he opens the box.

The newbies including Borden are confused at his action and have a hard time not exclaiming out. "For you my Lady Faire," Tommy says with a flourish. "This is for the ball. Okay the reception, but the concept remains the same." He hands her a full length dress. While the dress is elegant it is also terribly old fashioned.

"Tommy, I'll be covered from my neck down. Couldn't you have gotten me something in short sleeves at least. Not even my grandmother wore something this old fashioned." It was solid material from the neck down. No cut out or decolletage. A simple dress that did it's talking by the material. It is shiny but not obnoxiously so. No adornments or lace of any sort.

"At least you didn't make me wear something over my head and cover my face. Really this is the best you could do?" Kadance is used to wearing the lower priced clothes but she's never been forced to wear someone's rejected dress before.

Tommy shakes his head as Jayse goes to stand behind her. "Lady Faire," he starts out light hearted then lets his tone go back to normal. "It's body armor. Not even the nastiest of bullets out there can get through. It would take a cannon mortar to blast a hole and the force that would cause would create massive internal bleeding. Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to stop that yet." He pulls out a scarf that complements the dress and hands it to her. "This is for your head. It goes over your head and around your face while you are outside. Inside it just lays along your shoulders like a regular shawl."

Kadance takes the flimsy material and lays it gently on the dress. "But this isn't a normal shawl..."

"Nope, this is also body armor. Should anyone shoot you in the head it'll stop the bullet, but you'll probably still have a concussion. But at least you'll be alive." Tommy says seriously all joking put aside. "This will give us a chance to get you to safety, you'll have a hell of a headache, but you'll be able to yell at us about it."

Kadance looks down at the innocent looking garments and then back at Tommy, "Thank you Tommy. They truly are lovely and I'm sure I won't get cold wearing them." Kadance does think they are pretty but would really love to redesign the dress.

Tommy knows that Kadance has given as much praise on the dress as she can and is surprised that she had taken it so well. He's never met a woman yet that would deign to wear such a modest dress no matter if her life depended on it.