49

"Finally, we're on our way home," Kadance says wearily. "I feel like a duck waddling along slowly."

"You are still sexy love," Jayse whispers. Kadance puts a loving hand on his face.

"Thanks for that. Now you all do whatever, I'm off for a nap," Kadance says.

Tommy sets the twins up for a lot of research and hands on work.

Everyone else sets up their rooms and then either goes to work or lounges around.

Tommy slips out after giving the twins their lessons. He goes to the gym. There he spars with some of off duty Alpha soldiers. He has to stop all too soon, but slowly he builds up his stamina.

Over the ensuing weeks they all except Kadance take turns in the gym, but even she takes her turn at the arms practices.

Other than Amgle pulling a muscle in his leg nothing happens on the trip home. This allows the team to heal. Tommy especially pushes himself. Slowly he regains his speed and stamina and agility.

"Tommy, Admiral Jannsen would like for you to teach your classes like you did while active," Lighten says when they are just two days out from Gaia. "He says, and I agree with him, that we can't afford to allow that information to die. Our men need that help."

"I'm not active service anymore. I work for my wife. I won't go off planet without her and she's being grounded at least for a year," Tommy says back.

"I figured as much. Small classes could be held at the house, Kadance's house. If she is agreeable. The classwork could be held there. All explosives and such could be held at the weapons testing area. And your field test of course would be held there. Just like you're having the twins do."

"You'll have to clear this with the boss. It's her house, her husband. I won't even consider it without her okay." Tommy says holding up his hand to stop Lighten.

"I see. Okay, let's go talk to Kadance," Lighten says dispiritedly. Then he mutters something under his breath.

"What was that?" Tommy asks with overtones of anger lacing his words.

"I didn't say anything," Lighten says swallowing at Tommy's narrow eyed look.

"I didn't thinks so," Tommy says relaxing. "She's actually in a good mood today so have a decent chance of actually having her hear you out."

"Tommy, they're kicking like crazy. Hard enough you should be able to feel them," Kadance says excitedly. Tommy ditches Lighten to kneel in front of Kadance and gently feel her stomach. Almost immediately he feels a kick. He looks up at Kadance in joy and wonder, they smile together.

Feeling a bit out of place Lighten clears his throat and turns to leave. "Oh, sorry Colonel. That was terribly rude of me," Kadance says. "Did you want to see me?" Tommy whispers to her.

"You and Tommy are having a special time, I'll come back later." Lighten says wishing he was anywhere else but there.

"We're fine. So what would Admiral Jannsen and High Command want from little ole me?" Kadance says whimsically.

Lighten takes a deep breath, "We would like your permission for Tommy to hold classes at your home," he says quickly.

"No," Kadance responds. Lighten droops. "You are asking 1) for Tommy to teach again, 2) to hold the classes at my house. A house that in a matter of weeks will hold at least six babies."

"Sorry, I am asking for your permission for your husband to do the classes and to hold them in your home. However, the explosives and testing would all be done at the testing range. The class size would of necessity be small at most five people would stay there."