7c

They all pile into the paid public conveyance. Tommy sighs in relief. Kadance eyes him in worry. "You really should have that looked at Tommy. You could have a concussion."

Tommy shakes his head. He groans, he'll not do that again for a longtime. "They can't do anything for a concussion. You know the signs and you know what to watch for. I've had several concussions and this just feels like all the companies decided to take up residence in my head to have the next battle with the shifters."

Kadance looks at him in disapproval which he didn't see since he had his eyes closed and his head resting against the seat back. She digs among her things in her purse and pulls out a bottle. "Take these, at least they'll help with the pain. Really Tommy, I'm no doctor to make diagnoses." Kadance tries one last time.

Jayse hides his smile, but decides to intervene. "Kadance, Tommy's lived through more concussions than you've probably seen. It's a hazard of our job in general and his in specific. Especially when he's working with newbies that don't know how to handle explosives properly. And he's right, there's nothing the doctor's can do for concussions. Personally, I think nurses know more about what's what than doctor's do most times. He trusts you Kadance to watch out for him, just like you trust him to watch out for you."

Tommy listens to Jayse's little speech and fights drifting off to sleep. There's much to do before he can sleep. And to hell with staying awake if he has a concussion. He's learned the hard way that you don't heal while awake, only when you sleep.

The conveyance drops them off at a run down apartment building even worse than Jayse's. Kadance looks steadily at them both but doesn't say a thing. Jayse hides his smile as he leads the way inside. He opens the door to the apartment but motions for the other two to stay out until he's cleared it.

"Well at least this apartment has a table that looks like it will remain standing if we put anything on it." She looks around and notices the peeling paint and furniture even worse than the last apartment. "Why does the safe house have to be so run down?"She asks wistfully.

"It doesn't. We could take you to the fanciest hotel on Gaia if you like. But they all have DNA scanners. Your uncle would know where you are in seconds and we'd have to leave anyway." Jayse replies while busily unpacking the electronics. Tommy puts them together almost as fast as Jayse takes them out.

"Don't forget to contact Borden and let him know the change of location." Tommy says as he finishes setting up the electronics. The pain meds were helping take the edge of the pain off. He ignores the rest. It's not the first time he's worked through pain and he doubts it'll be the last. The blood that keeps trickling down his face annoys him more than the pain.

"Kadance, do you happen to have any heal all in that lovely collection of items you own?" Tommy is finally annoyed enough to ask for her help.

Kadance looks at the couch and shudders. She goes over to the wooden chairs at the table and sits down. She rummages through her purse and comes up with a tube of heal all. She motions Tommy over and uses an alcohol wipe that Tommy didn't see her take out, to wipe up the blood from around the wound. Tommy manages to not wince as she does so and Kadance is extra gentle putting on the heal all. But putting the torn skin together has Tommy gritting his teeth to not let out the words soldiers are well known for saying.

Kadance finishes and Tommy stops her from leaving. After the pain subsides he says, "Thank you Kadance."

Kadance knows that he means more than just for the wound care. She gives him a small smile and pats him gently on his good hand. Tommy gets up and gets to work on the electronics.

Kadance is amazed. She thought Jayse was good at pulling up information, but Tommy has information pulling up faster than she can read it. Finally it stops, but only because it has come to a vid feed. Kadance gives a gasp as she recognizes her uncle working at a desk. Tommy works some more and sound comes on.