Chapter 26. ~Awkward Dinner~

Troye's POV

After cleaning up the dried blood and dirt on Elizabeth, I grab the clothes and hand them to her.

"Put these on, they'll be a bit big but it's better than wearing those dirty clothes." I gesture to her clothes and she nods. "I'll just..wait outside." She nods again and I walk out, leaving her to change into the clean jeans and t-shirt that Sage left.

____________________________________________________

Elizabeth's POV (Yeah I'm going there)

As soon as the door closes behind Troye, I partically rip my sweater and jeans off. I look down at my body; blue-green bruises are scattered everywhere. Tears start to swell in my eyes but I blink them away. I need to stay strong, I don't want Troye to think of me as some little kid.

I grab the t-shirt and put it over my head, the pain from stretching my arms makes me gasp. I shake it off and quickly pull on the jeans. Troye was right, the clothes are a bit big but I don't really mind. After fixing the top so it sits right, I open the door so Troye can come in.

____________________________________________________

Troye'sPOV

The bathroom door opens and Elizabeth stands there, in Sage's big clothes- they're only big because of how tiny Elizabeth is. I walk into the bathroom and shut the door.

"We need to put the make up on your bruises or my family'll ask questions." I send her a tiny smile to make her feel better and as soon as I do, I see a glimpse of light go into her eyes. "Sit down and I'll put it on for you."

"No," She shakes her head and grab the make up. I sit down on the edge of the bath and watch her stand infront of the mirror, carefully spreading some of the make up on her face, then blending it over the first bruise. "It's rude to stare." She says.

"Sorry," I look at the ground and wait for her to finish. When she is I put everything away and we go to walk out until I stop, making Elizabeth stop to. I stare down at her wrists; there's cuts that look so new. She must have cut this morning.

"Wh-what?" Elizabeth asks, looking at me with worried eyes.

"You cut this morning, didn't you?" I ask, sounding more dissapointed then I wanted. She stares at the floor and plays with her hands nervously. "It's okay, I know it's hard to stop." I blurt out before realizing what I said.

"How would you know?"She askes, looking up at me accusingly.

"I don't know but what I've heard, it's really hard. Come on, we need to put a jacket or jumper on you. Unless you want to be asked questions from my mom, dad, sister and brother?" I look at her and she quickly shakes her head. I take her hand and we walk to my room; I grab a hoodie for her and she puts it on, then we walk out of my room.

Elizabeth has never eaten dinner with my family, and she's only ever been to my house once besides now. As we walk together to the dinning room I explain to her what she can and can't say- for her own good of course.

We walk in and sit down at the table with my parents and Sage. We do our jewish starting (sorry, I have no clue how they'd start their meal) and then start eating. At first no one talks but after a while I decide to break the ice and be the first one to say something.

"Where's Tyde?" I ask, looking at my mom and dad. They continue chewing and I wait for them to finish what's in their mouth before speaking again. "Well?"

"He's sleeping at a friend's house tonight," My mom explains and I nod in response. "So, Elizabeth...how old are you?" Sage almost chokes on her drink when my mom asks this. Usually my mom starts with nice comments or questions- like what're your hobbies or something about school.