Chapter 35. ~It's My Fault~

Troye's POV

I was in a peaceful, dreamless sleep; until I was woken up by my phone ringing loudly next to me. I take it off charge and pick it up.

"H-hello?" I answer, rubbing my eyes and staring up at Tyler.

"Sweetie?" My mom's voice comes through on the other end. "Troye, I am so sorry but Elizabeth is in the hospital and she's lost a lot of blood." I hear her sniffle and tears start forming in my eyes.

"What are you saying?" I ask, my voice weakening as I fear the worst is about to be said about my best friend.

"I'm saying that she's not going to make it. The doctors told her father that they'd need a blood donor for type O blood and I'm sorry but there isn't anyone who'd do it." She explains and tears stream down my cheeks.

"No mom, no, no, no, no!" I reply. Tyler sits down beside me and wraps his arms around my shoulders. "Mommy, please! She can't die, it's my fault! It's all my fault!" I cry harder and lean into Tyler.

"Oh, baby, no it's not." My mom says but I know that it is. She starts saying something else but then I remember something.

"MOM, I HAVE TYPE O!" I yell.

"Yes you do, but you're also in America right now, so even if you come here, you may not make it in time." She explains and I cry harder.

"No, I'm going to come. I'll call you in about 16 hours or whenever the plane lands, bye." I hang up, look down at my phone and see that over the last 12 hours I had missed 18 calls from Elizabeth and 8 messages. I throw my phone on the floor and push myself into Tyler's chest, balling my eyes out.

"Troye, what happened?" He asks and I shake my head. "It's okay, you can tell me later." I nod and he starts rubbing circles on my back.

"W-we need to le-leave, to Australia. R-right. No-now." I stutter out, standing up and grabbing my stuff.

"You better pack your stuff as fast as you can or we'll miss the plane," he says and I nod before running to the bedroom to pack.

__________________________________________________

Tyler's POV

Seeing Troye cry like that made my heart break; his heart looked torn and he stared at the floor when he talked to his mother. As soon as I heard his mom say '...but you're in America...', I looked at the flight schedule.

We packed as fast as we could, only having two hours until the next flight out. I still don't know why we have to leave but I know not to presure Troye. As we drive to the airport, I can't help but let a tear fall when I look over and see Troye crying again.

"Baby, please tell me what's wrong?" I ask, not daring to look at him because I know if I then I'll break down in tears.

"T-tilly, I-I ca-can't ex-" I cut him off.

"Troye, I love you and you know I'd do anything for you, clearly, but you seriously need to tell me.So take a deep breath in and out, calm down, stop crying and talk," I say, trying not to sound mad or forceful.

"I'm sorry," He replies, doing what I said and taking a deep breath in and out before explaining what happened. "Elizabethisinthehospitalandlostalotofbloodsosheisprobablygoingtodieanditismyfault!"

"Uh," I say, stopping at a red light. I turn to Troye and wrap my arms around him. "It is not your fault, if anything, it's mine. I left you so you left her, don't blame yourself." I tell him, letting go and glance at the lights, noticing that they're about to change back to green.