Chapter 36. ~Broken Promise~

Tyler's POV

I'm woken up by the flight attendent saying that we're landing in five minutes. I wake up Troye and tell him; we pack up our stuff and I notice how Troye is scared, excited and depressed. While we land I can't help but wrap my arms around him.

"I love you, babe," I mumble to him.

"I love you too," He says and we land. As soon as we're out of the plane, Troye calls his dad to pick us up; then we walk to get our luggage. Once we've got it we go and wait from Shaun.

"Troye!" Shaun comes running over to us after about ten minutes of waiting. "I missed you son." He pulls Troye into an embrace.

"I missed you too, dad," Troye replies, letting go. "We've got to get to the hospital, now." Shaun nods and we leave the airport, driving in silence to the hospital.

It takes us twenty minutes to get there and when we do, Troye grabs my hand tightly and runs inside, dragging me behind him.

We run up to the desk and the lady looks up t us.

"We're here for Elizabeth...umm, Rivers. Elizabeth Rivers," Troye quickly tells the lady. She types something in her computer and then looks at us.

"It says family visitors only, are you fam-" the lady's cut off by Shaun talking behind us.

"They're with me, Shaun Mellet. We've got visitors' passes," he explains, holding up three passes.

"Okay, room 273B," the lady says before looking back at her computer. We walk to the elevator, go inside and go up two levels.

Once on the third level, Troye runs out, dragging me with him. We run past some nurses who yell at us to stop but keep running.

Finally we stop at room 273B; Laurelle walks out.

"Baby, you can-" Troye walks inside and ignores his mother. I follow him in to see Elizabeth in a hospital bed; tubes running down her arms and all different types of hospital equipment is strapped to her. I gasp at the site and tears start to form when I notice how pale and dead she looks.

"Elizabeth," Troye gasps out, rushing over and grabbing her hand. "You're okay, you're alive. You're going to be fine." He says, tears running down his face.

"Sweetie," Laurelle says, walking inside; she walks over to Troye and wraps an arm around him. "Come on, we need to talk." He shakes his head and clutches onto Elizabeth.

"I'm sorry, it's my fault you're here. Don't worry Elizabeth, I'll save you. I will, you'll be fine tomorrow." Tears stream down his face and his mother pulls him away. "No!" He yells but she ignores him.

"Troye, you need to hear this," she says and I follow them out of the room.

We walk over to an empty waiting area and sit down; Troye not crying anymore.

"I'm sorry Troye, she's not going to make it," Laurelle starts. I look at Troye and see him break; his eyes fill with guilt and pain.

"Yes she is, I'll give her blood, she'll be fine," Troye retorts, tears forming in his and my eyes.

"No, Troye, you're too late. I'm sorry but they're going to pull the plug. She's suffering and hardly alive. We all know how much you love her and what you did to get here but you were never going to make it. We told Tyler when he was at the airport but he said that you should at least see her one last timr." His mother explains.

"But...b-but I saw her breathing, she moved. She's alive still," Troye says, standing up.

"Yes, she is still alive but there is no more time to save her. Troye, you've only got enough time to say goodbye, that's all, I'm sorry. She may be awake even, but know that it's not for long," Laurelle says and tears fall down Troye's face as do mine. I stand up and walk with Troye back into Elizabeth's room.