12. Friendship Day

Ananya's POV :-
It has almost been 2 months ,Rehana has gone to Pune. I never realised that we will get so busy in our life that we wouldn't have time for each other. It doesn't mean that we are not friends but it is just that we hardly talk to each other. When she is free I am busy and when I am free she is busy. When she was leaving for Pune ,we promised each other that we will talk daily and share everything with each other but it became impossible. I got busy with my articleship and with that preparations for finals and she became busy with her college and new friends.

Tomorrow is friendship day and this is the first time we are not together on this day. I am sad but I will be the first one to wish her. It is only 10 so I thought to study till 12 and then I will wish her and sleep.

Exact at 12 ,I called her but her phone is switched off. I tried again after 5 minutes but again got the same reply. May be she slept already and I too kept my phone aside and slept.

Next day when I got up I saw that it is already 8 so I got  freshen up. After getting ready I again called Rehana but she is not receiving my call. I tried many a times but still my call is unanswered. I went to the dinning and saw that my parents and Simmi are having there breakfast. I wished them and they too wished me.

"Di, so what is your today's plan, as I know today is friendship day and even sunday so you won't be studing. So where are you celebrating ?",Simmi asked.

"No simmi ,no plans, as Rehana is not there and even I am not in mood to celebrate", I replied.

"Oohh come on di , you have other friends also except Rehana di .So go and enjoy with them rather then sulking at home on this day. And one more thing even Rehana di will be celebrating so you also celebrate", Simmi said while rolling her eyes.

"OK siso, if my friends are planning any party then even I will go there fine.", I asked her.

"Fine di.😊😊",Simmi said smiling.

I studied for 4 hours and then went to have lunch, as I have to go for shopping so I left my home at 2 p.m and went to near by mall. I purchased all that I needed and by the time I finished shopping it is already 5. While moving towards my car , i got a call. I got excited thinking it is Rehana's call but it is Sourabh. He is my college friend and now my colleague. I received his call.

"Hi Sourabh, what's up", I said as soon as I received the call.

"Hi Ananya , Happy friendship day",Sourabh wished me from other side.

"Happy friendship day Sourabh", I wished.

"Actually Ananya, I wanted to ask you something?", Sourabh said.

"Ya sourabh I am listening",i said.

"Actually Ananya I was thinking voh will you..will you..', Sourabh tried to say something but didn't complete his sentence.

"Oohh Sourabh what happened to you? Why are you talking like that? Ask me clearly what you want to ask", is said.

"Will you dine with me tonight?",Sourabh asked.

"I laughed and said this is what you wanted to ask? Oohh god Sourabh why were you stammering while asking me that? Of course I will come with you", I said.

"Okay then I will pick you up at 7. Bye", Sourabh said and cut the call.

"Bye.",is said.

I went home after that and had little snacks and went to take shower. I wore a black crop top and a white knee length skirt. I left my hair open and did minimal makeup. While I am getting ready Simmi comes to my room.