41. Diwali..

Karan's home:-

"Karan did you call the decorator?" Karan's mom asked.

"Yes mom", karan said.

"Ok and did you invite our relatives for diwali tomorrow", she asked again.

"Yes mom , I invited everyone  according to the list given by you", karan informed his mom.

"Ok and did you invite Ananya? " she asked him teasingly.

"Yes mom I invited her a week back but will call her again and invite her once again", he said smilingly.

"Are no need of that , when you already invited her a week prior then what is the need to call again?", she said with fake innocence.

"When I invited everyone today so it's my responsibility to call her again", karan said.

"Ok then give me your phone I will personally invite her , as I know you will be tired by all the work you did the whole day", she said innocently.

"No no mom , I am not tired , I will call her and invite her , you just go and sleep now , as tomorrow will be a long day for you", karan said while moving towards his room.

"Nautanki", his mom uttered slowly and laughed.

Karan's dad was watching the mother - son duo silently but he couldn't understand why his wife is teasing his son with Ananya's name. Both husband - wife went to there room.

"Why were you teasing karan by Ananya's name" karan's dad asked.

"Karan loves Ananya", karan's mom said.

"Oohh , well she is a nice girl and even I like her , she is the perfect girl for our karan", karan's dad said.

"Hmm ya, I agree", karan's mom said smiling.

On the other side karan went to his room's  balcony and dialled Ananya.
After two rings Ananya picked the call..

"Hey beautiful ", karan said with a smile.

"Hey karan", Ananya said.

"Wassup beautiful", karan asked.

"Nothing much ,was just going to sleep now", Ananya answered.

"Oohh so you are coming na tomorrow for diwali celebration at my place", karan asked.

"Actually karan voh..All your family members will be there and I will feel bit uncomfortable being an outsider", she tried to give him an excuse.

"Even you are my family Ananya and if you don't want to meet me then tell that , rather then giving me this silly excuses", karan said with seriousness.

"Shut up karan , it is nothing like that and ok I will come ",she said smiling.

"That's like my girl", he said.

Both were silent for the next two minutes , so karan decided to break the ice.

"Ananya , I don't know what happened in your life before but please give a chance to love once again, give yourself a chance in love again", karan said seriously.

"Karan I can't love once again , I loved a person wholeheartedly and I can't love again. Maine pyaar kar liya karan ek baar aur abh mujhsa vapis nahi ho payega" (I already loved someone and now I can't do it again) she said with seriousness.