SEVEN

A/N- The outfit above is what I would imagine the reader wearing, but you don't have to use it :)

You

Two hours after I arrived at the school, I was butt dialed by Derek. By the loud noises from the call, I was certain that he wasn't showing up. Nice guy indeed.

As I was dreading my existence at the usual spot, I wasn't really expecting a familiar someone to join me.

He just stared at me, "What are you doing out here? Where's your date?"

I sighed, "I got stood up. I waited for like two hours." I got up and brushed the grass off my outfit. "He butt dialed me too and he definitely wasn't showing up."

Connor's expression turned intense, "Where is that bastard?" He quickly turned around and started walking off but I pulled him back by his sweater.

"CONNOR, NO."

"CONNOR, YES, WHERE IS THAT SON OF A BITCH?"

I pulled on his sweater more and he eventually gave up. "I was just as angry as you when I found out he wasn't showing up, if not more."

Connor shifted awkwardly. "What is he doing right now anyway?"

Raising my eyebrows, I say, "You sure you wanna know?"

His eyes widened, "Yea, no I'm good."

I kicked at the gravel as silence filled the air again.

"I'm bored as shit." He said as dropped his arms at his side. "You got stood up and I don't have to drive Zoe's ass home. Wanna do something?"

"Like what?" I asked curiously. I didn't want to have to spend the rest of my night at home regretting everything. And I definitely didn't want to spend my time here awkwardly hanging out by the food stand in a crazy, loud environment. He shrugged.

"I don't know, get some food, break into a pool, rob a bank, whatever." His face suddenly lit up. "I have an idea."

"Wait wh-"

"Follow me." He lead the way and I followed him into the school.

•••

"You positive we won't get caught?" I looked at him anxiously as he attempted to pick a lock with a bobby-pin.

"For God's sake, Y/N, all the teachers are at the dance or the office right now. You won't have fun if you worry about getting caught. If we can break into the music room, we can break into this one. Here." He gave me back the pin and opened the door to the classroom. It was dark with only the moonlight shining through the windows. It looked really nice, actually.

I got behind the desk and imitated our teacher. "Alright class," I said in a snobby voice, "Make sure you finish these twelve packets and write your twenty-page report by tomorrow."

Connor took a seat in the swivel chair behind me. "Do you do this a lot? Walk around the school by yourself?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Not really. The first time I did, my parents were late and didn't pick me up. Everyone had gone and it was just me wandering around the school. The teachers were at the lounge and they never noticed me. At the time, I was a chicken and I was scared that I was gonna be stuck there forever."

"At the time?"

"I was in second grade."
He spun around in the chair and looked around the classroom. "We should leave a little sign that showed that we were here."

I looked at him, "We'd get in trouble!"

"No, like a small one." Connor stood up, took a black Expo marker, and made his way to the board. He added three small dots on the side of the board. "No one will notice."

"Hopefully the teacher won't erase it." I replied. Outside, I could hear footsteps walking toward the classroom. "Someone's coming."

"Where do we hide?" Connor dropped the marker on the desk. He looked around for a spot. "We can't hide in the closet, it's full."

"Yea, no shit." I whispered. "Get under the desk."

"What?"

"You heard me!" I got under the desk and had my knees up to my chin. Connor followed and tried to cram himself beside me. We were so close I could still him breathe even though he tried to quiet it by covering his mouth.

The man, who was probably the janitor, entered the room. "Thought this was locked," he said to himself. There was a slight jingling of gadgets and he left the room, locking the door. We both got up from under the desk.

"We can just unlock it from the inside and lock it again," I explained. "Let's go."

"To where?"

"I'm craving ice cream, so I wanna go somewhere that has it." I quietly unlocked the door and slid out of the
room with Connor.

We both silently made our way outside the school and into Connor's car. "What place?" He asked as he turned the key.

"We should go to À La Mode." I turned to him, "Do you know where that is?"

"What did you say it was?" He asked, surprised. Didn't I just say it?

"À La Mode.." I said more slowly, "I work there."

He started the car and drove. "I haven't heard that name in a while. I used to go there with my family. So you babysit and work there?"

Nodding, I replied, "Yea. I don't babysit too much, though. It's just my cousin and family friends. And I also just got the job there a week ago because my dad found an application." I paused, "I used to go there a lot too."

Connor kept his eyes on the road. "Maybe we both went there at the same time and we didn't realize it."

I shrug in reply. "Maybe."

There was a long pause, but it wasn't uncomfortable this time.

"I'm kinda glad that I got stood up." I finally say.

Connor's eyes widened. "That's something I never thought would come of your mouth." He laughed a little. "Why?"

I smile and looked out the window. "Because this is better."