THIRTY-SEVEN

You

TW: mentions of blood and self harm.

im also lowkey dragging TanaCon.

yep

you heard me right.

I flew the door to our spot at the side of the school open as Connor followed behind me, gripping his left hand. The light from the hallway faded away as the door shut. To our surprise, no one else was here. I wasn't complaining, though.

Voices of other students could still be heard from the other side. Panting, I turned back to Connor.

"Well that fucking sucked." I stated, staring at his hand and kicking at the ground.

"Yea no shit!" He breathed sharply as he held his hand close to his chest.

I rubbed my shoulder, which ached from hitting the floor. "What happened to your hand? I mean, I know it got stepped on but why is it bleeding a little?"

Connor kept his eyes on his hand. "I don't fucking know..."

"You know what? It's probably a corsage pin that fell while people were literally stampeding each other."

"..Maybe." He shrugged.

Biting my lip, I glanced at the door before looking back at him. "Look, Con, just stay here and I'll get something or-"

"The nurse isn't here, Y/N!"

"Shit, Right! Okay then.. My locker's nearby, there's probably something in there that could help..."

Connor cocked an eyebrow. "What the-"

"Just stay here!" I quickly said before rushing inside.

Alrighty then, operation 'get to locker before Connor bleeds the fuck out' starts now.

"Excuse me, I'm- I'm sorry I just need to get to my.." I said as I tried to make my way past everyone.

"Look, there's Y/N."

"Ooh, the Y/N?"

"Damn, she looks good."

"Isn't she the one in the video?"

That video. That fucking video!

My hand slammed against the locker once I reached it. After unlocking it, I immediately swung it open and scanned the inside. I remembered that I kept an old school rally t-shirt in there. I never used it once, even for that stupid rally, so I kept in in there for "emergencies" or whatever.

After digging through a considerable amount of books, and thinking about how I need to get a damn shelf, I felt a slightly rough piece of white cloth and I yanked it out. My plan was to get to the bathroom and wet a part of the clothing item to clean Connor's cut.

"What the heck is that?" Someone ask behind me.

Gripping the rough white shirt, I turned to face a girl with short black hair in a long dress that tickled her toes through her sandals. "It's a white shirt."

"Well yea, I can see that...."

I rolled my eyes. "Then why'd you ask what it was?"

She said nothing in return. "Look," I sighed as they looked back up at me. "I'm sorry, a friend and I are just having a rough night."

I would've asked the same question if I was in her position.

The girl shrugged. "Understandable." Was what she last said before finding her own group.