FOURTEEN

Connor

I went back to groaning in my pillow after Jared called. Y/N calmly sat by my side and was eating a package of cookies. She kept trying to calm me down, saying stuff like "He's not that bad, you get used to him," and "he's not that annoying.

After the insanely annoying Jared Klienman pushed the "end call" button, Y/N insisted that we take a break.

"Good thing the nails are dry, they might stain the pillow." She stated as she munched on the treats. I turned my head to her.

"The pillow is already stained with my tears and pain, my friend." Y/N responded by staring at me, wide-eyed.

"I— Connor.."

"Forget I said it!" I face planted back into the pillow. She took the hint and changed the subject.

"Do you want me to finish your nails?" Y/N asked as she set the cookies down. I was relieved to have changed the conversation. I decided I was gonna let her paint my other hand. We got back to the desk and she continued to lay black strokes of paint on my nails.

"So how did Jared get your number?" Y/N asked, keeping her eyes on my nails. "I sure as hell didn't give it to him."

I sighed and rested my head on my other hand that was already dry. "I don't know. He's.. I don't even know with Jared."

"Stop moving your hand."

"Sorry."

A couple minutes passed and she finished. I viewed my hands.

"I look the same as I did on our first day."

She tightened the cover on the bottle, "Yea, but you look cool. When I saw you had your nails painted I thought you looked really unique. People always say that it's gay or some shit but I disagree."

So first my laugh is unique, and now my nails.

"Now all I need it a lip piercing and a dragon tattoo on my neck." I say, earning a laugh from Y/N. The two of us spent a couple hours doing random sleepover stuff. Once again, time seemed to fly by quickly when we were just talking about life and making stupid inside jokes. We actually ended up missing dinner after my mom called us.

Y/N and I were in the middle of a game of 'Kiss Marry Kill' when I finally said, "You're sweater is really damp, do you wanna borrow one of mine?"

Y/N tilted her head, "Thanks for pointing that out, Murphy. Now I'm self-conscious of my damp sweater." She slid it off and straightened her (favorite band) shirt.

I stood up and dug around my closet until I found an oversized hoodie.

"You're gonna get sick."

Great, now I sound like a parent. I handed the sweater over to her.

"I am not gonna get sick, but thank you." She took the sweater from me as she asked, "Hey, what time is it?"

We quickly checked the time on our phones. 7:55.

The door opened and my mom walked in. "Are you guys having fun?" she asked as we both jumped at the sudden entrance. "Sorry to bother you."

"Yea mom." I awkwardly replied, "We're um, we're good."

"Don't stay up too late!"

Mom quietly closed the door. After that, Y/N turned to me and said, "We're gonna stay up until we're sleep deprived and loopy."

"Yep."

"Okay, so.. What now?" She asked as she sat on my bed.

Taking my laptop and sitting comfortably next to her, I asked, "Have you ever watched 'The Office'?"