SIXTY-EIGHT

Connor

Finally, the last of the boxes were out of the truck, thank god. All of us decided to head out to eat afterward. Y/N and I would have to prepare ourselves for the next tedious step: unboxing.

It would probably have to wait till tomorrow though since our muscles were already sore by the time we entered the diner.

With the help of Zoe, Jared, and Y/N's father, we were able to get some of it done. We would have more to deal with, but it was for later, and we couldn't ignore our growling stomachs.

After the meal, we met outside the diner and said our goodbyes, taking in the night air. Everybody left as Y/N and I found our way to our car.

She plopped down into the passenger seat and yawned as she buckled her seatbelt.

"Tired?" I asked, starting the engine. I didn't know why I even bothered asking. She got back from a flight yesterday and we went out. Then the very next day, we were more productive.

"No, I'm pumped," She said sarcastically. "Let's throw a party at our new place."

"You're fucking exhausted, that's what you are."

"What makes you say that?" She forced herself to straighten up but her head stayed on the headrest. Her eyebrow was raised.

Before I drove off, I bit my inner cheek in an attempt to hide a smile. "Never mind. Let's get home. I kinda want to save the unboxing for tomorrow anyway,"

"That's probably the best idea," Y/N yawned, now resting her head against the window.

Once we got to the complex, we were already about half-asleep. I swung the door open and we walked into our new home. We navigated our way through a combination of unpacked things and other furniture before getting to the bedroom.

Our room itself wasn't set up as much. I took some time to furnish it when I moved in with the help of my sister, Evan, and Jared. It was a considerable large room, with walls that "desperately needed to be repainted," as Zoe had commented.

Y/N was the first to get comfy into bed after changing, burying herself in the sheets. "I don't think I've felt anything more comfortable, honestly," She said as her head adorably peeked from the bundle she made for herself. I stared at her with a raised eyebrow. "What?"

"Nice cocoon," I snorted, pulling my hair into a messy bun.

"Why thank you," She smirked before adjusting the sheets normally. As I settled next to her, Y/N's fixed her eyes on the boxes near the entrance of the room. I followed her gaze.

"We'll worry about it tomorrow, Y/N," I told her softly, brushing the hair from her face as she turned to me.

"I know," She sighed as she fiddled with the soft sheets. "It's just.. I guess I'm not used to catching a damn break. Like, I can't even let myself sleep sometimes," Stopping, she let out a sharp breath. "I don't have the energy to be mad at myself right now."

Y/N let out a small chuckle before her head fell on my shoulder.

"Dude, you've done a lot in the past forty-eight hours. Give yourself a break," I wrapped an arm around her, and not even a minute later her eyes were shut tight, peacefully asleep.

Maybe I admired her for too long before turning off the lamp beside me.

•••

Dear Y/N L/N,

It's been a year and a half since Y/N returned. Before the milestone, she was able to find a job that made her wake up enthusiastically almost every morning. And that mood grew every time I kissed her.