FIFTY-FIVE

You

TW: violence, fighting, catcalling, etc.

I prayed to whatever was in the damn universe to never see those again.

One of them glanced at us and pointed at us, grabbing the rest of the group's attention. "Lets.. just turn around and head back. I'm kinda hungry." Zoe suggested quietly as they raced over to us with mocking laughter.

"Well, would you look at that, fellas!" One of them raised his eyebrows at us. "It's those fine, fine ladies that we saw the other day."

"The fuck!?" Connor snapped my head towards me as I rolled my eyes at their comment.

Why couldn't we just turn around?

Zoe just stared down at her feet. "What the fuck are you talking about?" Connor asked again, quite loudly.

"Guys let's just fucking go-" Zoe tried to get everyone to just turn around and leave until another guy said,
"Yo, is that the kid?"

"Fuck yea it is. Fuckin' loser goes here to get high and shit by himself." They snickered as their eyes stuck to a fuming Connor. The guy with black hair stepped up to him after taking a swig from a glass bottle.
"You wanna cut that messy ass hair of yours, sweetheart?"

I glared at him. "HEY! Leave him alone, will you?"

"Yea Adam, listen to the bitch!" They called out, making me clench my jaw and dig my fingers into my palm until they couldn't go any farther.

"He's growing it out so his boyfriend can braid it!" One cackled, his crooked teeth showing.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH-" Losing his cool, Connor went for him as I struggled to hold him back. I attempted to block out whatever comments the rest of them were saying.

"Beat his ass, Adam!"

"Calm down there sweetheart!" The black haired kid, Adam, shoved Connor's chest with more force and he stumbled back, releasing himself from my grip.

Shit.

"Damn, his sister is fine!"

Evan's grasp on Zoe's hand tightened. He was shaking, though. "Fuck you, dude." Zoe spat. She looked like she was on the verge of tears, but she pulled away from Evan as Connor was forcefully shoved away again.

"Leave him be, dammit!" Angrily, she pushed him back, hard.

No, please.. Not this.

"Beat his ass!"

Shoved and pushes turned into small punches and kicks. I pulled two of them by their hair and thrusted them in the opposite direction. Connor ducked and threw a punch to their shoulders afterward.

"Think you can do that in bed, babe?"

"FUCK OFF, ASSHOLE!" Connor shoved another kid away again, but he was still too close.

The kid's glove-covered hand reached for Connor's gray shirt collar. "You're weak as hell, you know that?" He growled before letting him go and spitting on him. I swallowed whatever lump was in my throat but it still found it's way back. And then most of them cleared out.

Up and down my chest rose with anger, sadness, frustration, everything.

"For fucks sake Connor, let's go!" As soon as the rest of the assholes left, I reached out for his hand that was covered in bruises and scratches. That broken and beat up and vulnerable boy. With the number of times we were with each other, I've seen this torn part of him.
It's heartbreaking.