TWENTY-EIGHT

A/N:
Hehe
420
hehehehehe

Connor

Y/N: hey

Me: hey

Y/N: did you flip to the back of the book? like the back cover?

I sat up from my desk and laid my eyes on the box enclosing the gift.

Me: no why

Y/N: okay just open it :-D

I lifted the book from the box once again. Holding it as if it were fragile, I opened the back cover. There, written in sharpie, read: 'Reasons I'd walk across legos for you, Connor Murphy'

My heart was fluttering already, and I read it over and over again to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

I told you I could list the reasons why.

- You understand me and you know that life and everything can be total shit.
- Your sarcasm is everything.
- I like that we can help each other.
- You can be awkward and it's absolutely adorable.
- Remember the night I got stood up? You made that the most amazing night ever.

I kept reading, smiling like a dumbass with every written word. I was surprised because my cheeks started to hurt. One particular reason caught my attention.

-You don't care that I'm "invisible."

My chest began to tighten again. I should be saying the same about her.

•••

The video I opened up to left me replaying it over and over. Comments started to pile up as well, and it seemed like there were 100 new ones every time I refreshed.

I looked up and saw the amount of rain started to increase along with the views.

3K views..
5K..
6K..

Did the whole state fucking see it or something?

The video began with Y/N being followed by the cocky asshat Derek, and it ended with her flipping him off while he fell against the lockers. I couldn't help but laugh.

One of the reasons I love you, I thought. My breath caught in my throat as another thought came at me. What if she doesn't even love me anymore?
Y/N has every right not to.

My phone vibrated as I lifted my head from my hands. "The hell? Jared?" I thought out loud.

Jared: M U R P H Y

Jared: Answer your fucking messagessssssss

Groaning, I begin to type. Why the fuck does he still have my number?

Me: what

Jared: Have you seen it? The vid?

Great, now I really want to chuck my phone into the rain.

Jared: Is this Y/N's badass side? damn..

I instantly tapped the call button. "Jared I swear to GOD-"

He cackled, "Well look at you being a jealous boyfriend."

"Am I even still considered that?" I mumble as I swung my foot back and forth impatiently. It's like I'm waiting for something I don't even know.

"I swear, this is gonna go viral!" Jared slightly laughed, but stopped when he realized that I kept silent. "You think Y/N saw it?"

Shit, what would happen if she did see it? Would she like the attention or hate it? What if the principal somehow sees it and she gets in trouble? What if Derek never leaves her alone after that? He would never let Y/N live it down.

I thought again, would Y/N even let him?

I guess she's not so invisible anymore.

After hanging up, I returned my head to my hands and let out nothing but a guilty sigh. A roar of furious thunder interupted the heavy rain.

Rapid footsteps caught my attention in the distance, and I looked up to see a figure rushing towards the bus stop. When they got closer, I could already recognize the face. Y/N, who was completely drenched and soaked, leaned up against the pole.

"Oh- my god," she panted while laughing at herself, "I need to work out."

I stared at her, having multiple questions. "How.. What were you..?"

The girl plopped down on the seat under the roof. "My stupid ass decided to walk to work and I didn't check the weather, so yea."

"..Oh." Y/N let out a cough as I asked, "Why couldn't you just call someone?"

"My phone's dead."

I nodded, "I thought you didn't work this late."

"Evan and Zoe came in and I kept it open because they had a date. It was pretty cute." She explained while tugging at her damp sweater.

"Seriously?" I gasp in surprise, "Evan and- and Zoe?" She nodded as my mouth hung in shock.

The rain filled in the silence between me and Y/N, my girlfriend who ended up shoving Derek. The girl who took the time to write about all the reasons she loved a freak like me. How the fuck was she able to write those?

"So why are you out here so late?" Y/N began to ask.

I scratched the back of my neck, "My parents keep giving me shit." I didn't feel like listing other reasons, she'd probably just understand.

"Oh," she said softly, "I'm sorry."

That's when anger flared up inside me. It wasn't Y/N, but just everything else. It was all eating away at me every second.

"Why are you sorry?" My jaw clenched as I narrowed my eyes at her.

Y/N looked up, surprised, "Oh- I just.."

"Why are you fucking sorry?" I almost hollered as I stood up. She sat there, confused. I could feel myself becoming more fired up, but it wasn't even at her. A look of confusion played on her face as she tilted her head.

I knew I had already snapped, and Y/N -who looked so confused and stressed out enough- didn't stop me at all.