THIRTY-TWO

Connor

Mom gave me a confused look as I made my way to the fridge and popped the cap off the milk carton. "Hey, what did I say about drinking straight from the jug?" I heard her say. Did she really not check fridge for the new one?

Rolling my eyes, I took another swig. "There's like none left, and we bought another one."

"He only does that when he's high," Zoe called from the table. I flipped her off with my other hand as Mom turned to me.

"What do you mean 'we'?"

Zoe turned around. "Holy shit, Connor went shopping?" She then hung her mouth agape and had her hands on her cheeks.

"Fuck off,"

"Enough you too," Mom butted in before it turned into an all-out war. Before she got to the actual point of the conversation, she decided to ask, "Connor, you said 'we', did you go with someone?"

I quickly sat down at the table, milk jug still in hand as I hesitantly replied, "Yea, I went with Y/N. She's uh, she's my girlfriend."

"Your girlfriend!?" Mom looked up from her food in the blink of an eye as I instantly set the carton down. I expected her to say something else, but her eyes were just on me. I knew this was coming at some point.

"Yea, shocking. I know." I finally said. "But she's amazing, really."

"I've been waiting for you to say that. You're in love!" Zoe almost squealed. I dropped my fork and it fell into the maple syrup on my plate.

"Are you fucking five? She's my girlfriend, of course I fucking love her!"

Mom beamed as went back to her food. "Well, that's great because you can bring her to the summer house. Since your father and I have to attend some business trips we won't be able to go, but you and Y/N can, and Zoe can bring someone too. Your father and I will drop you all off with your things and you can stay for a couple of days."

My sister and I exchanged glances for a second. I could tell that she was gonna bring Evan, I was positive.
Doesn't seem like a bad idea..

"Sounds good," I said blankly as I nodded.

Maybe I am going to enjoy this.

  •••

I nearly jumped out of my own body when Y/N burst the door open into the spot at the side of the school, her eyes flashing. "FOUR DAYS TILL GRADUATION!"

"What the-"

She suddenly flew into my arms and clung to my shirt, so now I was holding a giggling mess in my arms. I'm not complaining though. Y/N got off me and straightened her outfit.

"What the hell is up with you?" I asked as I stared at her with wide eyes. "What are you on and where can I get some?"

Y/N scanned the once gravelly area that was now almost covered in grass. There was still some traces of small pebble. "You know, I just realized this is our last week here. Like, our very last week."

I thought about it. "Yea, I guess. Why did I not find out about this? I could've gotten high here more." I mumble, earning a slight chuckle from her.

Then she asked, "Oh hey, do you have a sharpie? Or like a permanent marker?"

"I think so," I said as I dug out a marker. "Why?" I gave it to her and she wasted no time ripping the cap off and finding a spot on the brick wall. I saw her scribble three familiar small dots next to each other on a brick.

"It's like the night at the mixer, it shows that we were here." She explained as she put the cap back on. "Thanks Connor."

I nodded approvingly, "Good idea," I took the marker back. "What the fuck does it even stand for or symbolize?"

"I dunno. Nothing, I guess." Y/N chuckled as she shrugged.

"We really are weird.."

"Yep."

"Anyway," I casually continued, "You said you haven't been caught since freshmen year?"

"I've only been caught once," She nodded as she proudly held up one finger. "But they kept their mouth shut."

Holding my breath, I said nothing as
Y/N realized what she said and crossed her arms. She leaned forward. "I didn't kill them, Con."

"Yea, okay," I scoff jokingly, kicking at what was left of the gravel.

"Oh shush," Y/N muttered and then bit her lip.

"Make me." I teased.

She suddenly stepped closer and gave a small but soft kiss making me tense up but melt into it afterward. Our eyes were fluttered shut and we took in the moment.

"But this place is cool. It's where I kinda met you after all." Y/N said with a wide smile as she pulled away, her arms clasped behind my neck. "I'm glad it's you."

Then the thought came to my head as I tucked some hair behind her ear.  "Hey Y/N,"

"Yea?"

"Do you maybe wanna spend the weekend at my parents summer house?" I asked as I remembered.

Y/N's face lit up as she stepped back. "Wait, really? Seriously?"

"I mean if it's okay with you and your dad. I just thought maybe you know, you could join me and Zoe and Evan, well I mean if Evan's coming.. And my parents have some kind of business trip to go to and they came up with this idea and stuff..."

Nodding eagerly, she stopped me before I could ramble. "I'd love to! And my dad would most likely let me. He'll know it's you and he'll say yes."

I chuckled and fiddled with the hem of my shirt, "That's great,"

Before we said anything else, we heard the bell ring through the door. "Shit," Y/N muttered as she quickly gathered her stuff. "We have to get to science."

I crossed my arms and smiled slightly at her franticness. "Look at you being the usual goody two shoes."

She turned to me before opening the door, "Do you know how much shit Mr. Kane is gonna give us if we don't show up? Even though it's nearly the end of the school year he's gonna be SUPER pissed if we show up a second late."

Sighing, I quickly threw my bag on and followed her into the building. "Fine, you're right."

We made our way to the class and sure enough, the teacher gave us so much shit. Maybe not a lot, but he definitely scolded us.

What the actual fuck, it's the end of the school year.

As the lesson continued, Y/N ripped out a piece of paper from her notebook and scribbled something down. I glanced back at the teacher, who was busy enough with extra paperwork. She folded it up and handed it to me. The thing was flooded with smiley faces.

my forgetful ass forgot to ask you this.
wanna go to the end of the year prom with me? :)

It was almost impossible to say no. I turned it over and wrote:

amazing promposal there.
yes, i'd love to go with you

Y/N and I gave each other soft smiles as she silently read it.

"Miss L/N and Mr. Murphy!" The teacher hollered, "Pay attention!"

A/N: hA you thought the fluff was just gonna end there huh?

y o u t h o u g h t w r o n g

ALSO YES I DONT THINK END OF THE YEAR PROMS ARE A THING BUT JDKSJDOSJDKSD JUST LET THIS HAPPEN MKAY I HAVE THINGS PLANNED

anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter!!